Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Delphi Classics 40% off this weekend

Delphi Classics is having a 40% off sale this weekend. Delphi does (IMO) quite nice compilations of authors whose works are mostly public domain. Many of their volumes contain books which are also in our very own excellent MR library, but the Delphi volumes I've bought have been quite well done, and may be worth it (especially at 40% off) for some folks who want to get complete or nearly complete sets of works.

Details from the email that just popped into my inbox:

Quote:
SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODE FOR LOYAL CUSTOMERS ON OUR MAILING LIST

Dear customer,

To celebrate the completion of Series Four, we are delighted to offer a special coupon code of an amazing 40% off, with no minimum spend, only available during this weekend, from now until Sunday 23:59 GMT (29/06/14). This coupon applies to all products in our store.* So, whether you have yet to sample our bestselling Poetry or Ancient Classics series, or whether you’d like to explore more of our main series authors, make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity to purchase our comprehensive eBooks at the most affordable prices.

Discount code: SERIESCOMPLETE

* Please note: the coupon excludes Super Sets.

Start shopping now via this link.

Please feel free to share this coupon with friends and family. Happy reading!

Best wishes,
Delphi Classics
And the Delphi Classics website is: www.delphiclassics.com
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:32 AM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Delphi Classics is having a 40% off sale this weekend . . . .
And the Delphi Classics website is: www.delphiclassics.com
Thanks for passing that on.

I'm also on Delphi Classics mailing list and am sure that I got an email about the sale. But, who knows if I ever would have seen it.

When I went to the website, I saw a link to "free downloads." I don't know about you, but when I see the word "free" and it's connected with a book business it gets my attention.

Indeed there are 10 free ebooks, offered at http://www.delphiclassics.com/produc...ree-downloads/. Here are the titles:
-Masters of the Short Story II
-Delphi Christmas Collection II
-French Masters
-Masters of the Novella
-Masters of Gothic Horror
-Tales of Adventure
-Delphi Christmas Collection I
-The King James Bible
-Masters of the Theatre
-Masters of the Short Story I

I think that I'm going to download all of them and peruse them at my leisure. Hard drive capacity is cheap these days.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
. . . .
Indeed there are 10 free ebooks, offered at http://www.delphiclassics.com/produc...ree-downloads/. Here are the titles:
. . . .
UPDATE: The ebooks are available in both the Kindle (mobi) and ePub formats. I decided to get both "just because."

Unfortunately you've got to set up an account and go through a "checkout" process. If you do not have an account with Delphi, you will need to set up one to check out. However it's not that onerous.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Thank you for this. I downloaded the 'Masters of Art' Monet, Turner and van Gogh. They are wonderful picture ebooks and well worth the $3 and now with 40% discount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 8.32.51 PM.png
Views:	182
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	124726  
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
Code wouldn't work for me on super sets.

Was anybody able to use this discount code on any of their super sets? I kept getting "discount does not apply to items in your cart. No matter which country option I chose. The email did say it was for everything on their site.
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarnold View Post
Was anybody able to use this discount code on any of their super sets? I kept getting "discount does not apply to items in your cart. No matter which country option I chose. The email did say it was for everything on their site.
The email specifically excluded Super Sets (which are on sale though, but are not discounted by 40%). Refer to the quoted email in sufues post at the start of this thread (of course, if you got your own email from Delphi, it may have been different).
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarnold View Post
The offer email clearly states: "the coupon excludes super sets". This seems pretty clear to me.

Last edited by HarryT; 06-30-2014 at 03:11 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote