Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #16
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That sounds like what I have seen. There seems to be something going on when switching the fonts and Gothic and possibly Ryumin are used. After a few changes, the font gets stuck. Changing then on the dialog schanges the options and shows the changing font message, but the text doesn't change fonts. Changing to another book doesn't fix it. I need to restart the device to get it working properly.

This has happened enough that I know something is wrong, but not enough to pin it down. I am sure that Gothic has to be one of the fonts, but I am not sure about Ryumin. I'm also not sure how many font changes are needed or if there is an order of changes that causes it. I have reported it to Kobo.
Well, pleased to know it's not just me. I'm wondering, though, if it's a "happens once, then never again" issue. After the reset, I changed it to Gothic (which I will probably NEVER use) and it was fine. I could change back and forth with no problems.

Ah, the quirkiness of firmware.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
A bit more anecdotal evidence. Since installing fw 3.3.0 I also have had a couple of unwanted reboots when trying to change font family - luckily no settings/books got lost. Neither Ryumin nor Gothic were involved, though, as I never use them. I think it was with my AuraHD rather than the Aura6". It definitely wasn't the Glo. I haven't seen anything similar with font menu flakiness since way back in fw 2.5 days.

In addition, I've noticed that a couple of my sideloaded fonts no longer display properly. One of them displays Regular instead of Bold (Reg, Ital, BoldItal OK) and the other displays Regular instead of BoldItalic (Reg, Bold, Ital OK). I dont know whether this problem arrived with 3.3 or 3.2 but the problem isn't there on my Glo which is still fw 3.1.1
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
FYI: Davidfor has reported the font issues a few times now on the beta discussions.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #19
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
FYI: Davidfor has reported the font issues a few times now on the beta discussions.
Thanks, Peter and David
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #20
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
A bit more anecdotal evidence. Since installing fw 3.3.0 I also have had a couple of unwanted reboots when trying to change font family - luckily no settings/books got lost. Neither Ryumin nor Gothic were involved, though, as I never use them. I think it was with my AuraHD rather than the Aura6". It definitely wasn't the Glo. I haven't seen anything similar with font menu flakiness since way back in fw 2.5 days.

In addition, I've noticed that a couple of my sideloaded fonts no longer display properly. One of them displays Regular instead of Bold (Reg, Ital, BoldItal OK) and the other displays Regular instead of BoldItalic (Reg, Bold, Ital OK). I dont know whether this problem arrived with 3.3 or 3.2 but the problem isn't there on my Glo which is still fw 3.1.1
Some of my sideloaded fonts that worked on the Touch don't work at all on the Glo, but I just figure different style of firmware that won't display those types of fonts.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert