Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #226
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
have just flashed this to my Touch(2.61 firmware)... did as per the wiki instructions but nothing seems to be there... No Icon as indicated.... tried again but still nothing...folders there just no way to run it form shelves etc..

any ideas why?
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #227
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
have just flashed this to my Touch(2.61 firmware)... did as per the wiki instructions but nothing seems to be there... No Icon as indicated.... tried again but still nothing...folders there just no way to run it form shelves etc..

any ideas why?
have you checked the library? the icon is treated as a book. You may also try to search for it. I no longer have it in the home screen, just put in a shelf "Help" containing all the icons needed to launch applications.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #228
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
have you checked the library? the icon is treated as a book. You may also try to search for it. I no longer have it in the home screen, just put in a shelf "Help" containing all the icons needed to launch applications.

yes checked n triple checked and nothing!!! even copied icon over too and tried earlier versions..

"just put in a shelf "Help" containing all the icons needed to launch applications" don't understand sorry!

Last edited by lohtse; 10-22-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #229
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:

any ideas why?
The step to have the launching .png image files processed by the Kobo software and appear in the Library and on the home page, has somehow thrown a lot of people.

First the launcher.png file, from the downloaded zip file, is placed in the folder that you are in when you first open the KoboReader Drive on your PC.

Then you need to eject that drive and safely disconnect the USB cable. You should see a message on your Kobo device saying that the processing is underway, just like when you add a book (sideload). If you don't see the "processing" message, power off your kobo device and then restart it, you should then see the processing message, if you hadn't before.

The space shuttle icon/launching image should then be on your home page (just like a newly added book would be). At this point the image is just an image, when you select it you will see a full page display of the image. Poking it should bring up a home icon at the top left, to get back to the home page.

Once you have the image processed and the image file on your device, THEN you connect to your PC again and place the KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo folder. Eject the drive and remove the USB cable. Your Kobo device should now display an "Updating" message for awhile and then restart.

Sergey mentioned that he planed on separating his "fmon" utility from the pchess download. When that happens the fmon program will need to be installed, as well. (For an initial install that is.) But getting the launching image recognized by kobo is a separate thing that needs to happen before the rest works.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-22-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #230
lohtse
Groupie

@Ken Maltby

that worked a treat...thank you for those instructions...may be should be added to first post...as somewhat different to wiki...
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #231
lohtse
Groupie

what other apps are available that we can add?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #232
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
what other apps are available that we can add?
For now only this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224906
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #233
lohtse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Cool added and works fine..
Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #234
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
thank you very much for your launcher pbchess 1.2.6, Sergey. I wonder if you could add the Repligo pdf reader one of these days, as I'm not happy with the built-in pdf reader (cuts off text margins from some books, no re-flowed OCR'd text possible)
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #235
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
thank you very much for your launcher pbchess 1.2.6, Sergey. I wonder if you could add the Repligo pdf reader one of these days, as I'm not happy with the built-in pdf reader (cuts off text margins from some books, no re-flowed OCR'd text possible)
I can't add it because it's Android commercial app. Probably I will find another PDF/DJVU reader.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #236
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
have a look at koreader (in this forum): you can launch it with Sergey's launcher, and it reads both pdf and djvu.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #237
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
have a look at koreader (in this forum): you can launch it with Sergey's launcher, and it reads both pdf and djvu.
You may be able to launch it from the KoboLauncher menu, but I can't get it to work with my AuraHD. It works fine when launched in the same manner as KoboLauncher, using its own launching image/tile. Both KoboLauncher and Koreader can use Sergey's fmon program to start. Not all Kobo devices work exactly the same, even the ones running firmware with the same version number.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #238
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You may be able to launch it from the KoboLauncher menu, but I can't get it to work with my AuraHD. It works fine when launched in the same manner as KoboLauncher, using its own launching image/tile. Both KoboLauncher and Koreader can use Sergey's fmon program to start. Not all Kobo devices work exactly the same, even the ones running firmware with the same version number.

Luck;
Ken
of course you are exactly right Ken, what I meant to say is "you can launch it as Sergey's launcher", not with, thanks for the correction, which might have caused serdar0020 quite a bit of frustration (I've not managed to launch koreader on my Mini with the launcher either).
Old 11-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #239
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Actually I've managed to run koreader from KoboLauncher. But device need to be rebooted (automatically) after koreader exit because koreader do something wrong with framebuffer and KoboLauncher can't continue. Probably further investigation will give some results...
Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #240
madlac
madlac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Nook ST
Launch Sudoku

Hi all,

Would anyone know how to add a shortcut to KoboLauncher to start the built in Sudoku and browser?

Thx
madlac is offline   Reply With Quote