Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Google Play "Longest Day" deals - bunch of $1.99 e-books - maybe June 20 only???

I got an e-mail from Google Play, indicating that they have a set of deals going on, called the "Longest Day" deals. I assume this is in honor of the summer solstice, and so these may only be good today, June 20.

They offer a list of $0.99 apps, $1.99 books, $0.99 movie rentals, and $2.99 music albums.

I'm going to list the $1.99 books here, but don't have time to provide individual links:

Camilla Lackberg: The Stonecutter
Carson McCullers: The Member of the Wedding
Susan Mallery: Summer Days
Stuart Neville: The Ghosts of Belfast
Donna Leon: Beastly Things
Elaine Dundy: The Dud Avocado
Ann Patchett: The Patron Saint of Liars
Chris Ballard: One Shot at Forever
Zoe Ferrars: Finding Nouf
Timothy Egan: The Worst Hard Time
Shannon Hale: Princess Academy
Kate Angell: Sweet Spot
Jonah Lehrer: How We Decide
Patrick O’Brian: Master and Commander
Lisa Jackson: Beach Season
Philip K Dick: A Scanner Darkly
Carrie Jones: Endure
Patricia Highsmith: The Talented Mr. Ripley
Virginia Woolf: The Waves
Karin Fossum: Don’t Look Back
Brenda Jackson: Bachelor Undone
Richard Castle: Heat Rises
Melissa de la Cruz: Witches of East End
Holly Chamberlin: The Summer of Us

The overall link for the "Longest Day" books is:

https://play.google.com/store/books/...ongestdaybooks

And just FYI:

for the apps, it's:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...ongestDayDeals

for the music albums, it's:

https://play.google.com/store/music/...12_06_20_LDOTY

and for the movies, it's:

https://play.google.com/store/movies...dotycollection

I think (hope) these are all affiliate-free, since I went in and cut off all of the extra stuff at the end.

Amongst the books, I was especially pleased to see the new Donna Leon mystery, which I hadn't yet bought at its high price, and now am going to pick up right away.

I looked at only a couple of books (short on time) at other stores, and it seems that some are reduced price also at Amazon. The couple I tried weren't reduced price at BN. Sorry I don't have more time to check it out - maybe someone else can pile in with more details.

Last edited by sufue; 06-20-2012 at 04:59 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
US only.

If anyone is looking for the Amazon links for those which have been price matched, arcadata supplied them in her affiliate thread.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Amongst the books, I was especially pleased to see the new Donna Leon mystery, which I hadn't yet bought at its high price, and now am going to pick up right away.
Bummer no sale for us Aussies Beastly Things is $15.99 here
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yeah, they are pretty much completely worthless, pricewise.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Yesterday, I tried to buy Master & Commander, but I kept receiving an error message about "technical difficulties". Then the offer expired. :-(

Luckily, it's still available at Amazon's Kindle store.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert