Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Supernote A5X

I just recently purchased the Supernote A5X and wanted to see if there may be any plans to support this device. I would love to be able to transfer epubs directly from Calibre onto my A5X. There are workarounds, but direct transfer would be great. Appreciate any responses.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-in-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thank you Kovid - so one additional question. I did get some books to transfer however, I noticed that the metadata, specifically my series information did not come over. So next question is - anyway to make it so when the transfer occurs - the series name and order come over with it. Thanks again for the link.

Looking for:

Title, Book 1
Title, Book 2
thru n

FIGURED THIS OUT! Had to change the template for when sending items to the device - used the following from the plugboard area: {series} - {series_index:0>2s} - {title}. Now books are showing up in order on my device. I hate having to go to the Internet to find out what the next book is to read. LOL!

Last edited by chilady1; 10-30-2021 at 02:49 PM.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:19 PM   #4
TND
TJ
TND began at the beginning.

Hi,

May I ask how did you manage to get the Supernote detected? I tried adding the calibre reported device hex identifiers to the User defined USB plugin. But still no luck in detecting the device. Am also on a A5X.

Thanks,
TJ
TND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:19 AM   #5
itsme2020
itsme2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Communication Error

Hi - when connecting to my SuperNote A5X ( android based) I get the following error message ( OSX 12.1) :

calibre, version 5.34.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to ('Supernote',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: send_file_object_info(): Could not send object info.
2:Error 2002: PTP General Error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 512, in _books
File "calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 220, in books
File "calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 192, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 182, in _update_drive_info
File "calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 153, in put_calibre_file
File "calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 25, in synchronizer
File "calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 399, in put_file
calibre.devices.errors.DeviceError: Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to ('Supernote',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: send_file_object_info(): Could not send object info.
2:Error 2002: PTP General Error

I can send books to the SuperNote but they are nit shown in Calibre / Device.
Any advice how this can be fixed ?

Thank you !
itsme2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
PTP is a Photo Transfer protocol
IMHO choose a File Transfer mode or use MTP if that is not available
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #7
itsme2020

Hi - Thank you. Where can I configure the protocol in calibre ?
Old 12-21-2021, 02:01 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It's not calibre that needs to change; it's your Android device.

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id23 in the Calibre FAQ especially
Quote:
Note
With newer Android devices, you might have to jump through a few hoops to get the connection working, as Google really does not want you to be independent of its cloud. First, unlock the screen before plugging in the USB cable. When you plugin in the USB cable you will get a popup notification. Make sure it says some thing like “Transferring Media files” or “MTP (Media Transfer mode)”. If it does not, tap the notification, and change the mode to Media Transfer (MTP). You may need to restart calibre at this point in order for your device to be recognized. Finally, you might get a popup on the device every time calibre or the operating system actually tries to connect to it, asking for permission, tap OK.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 02:23 PM   #9
itsme2020

I am afraid I cannot configure the protocol on the SuperNote. I did above steps but only get the error message pop up with above message. No notification popup and no option to change the protocol.

( When using OpenMTP I get a connection so I assume MTP is already set on SN. )
Old 12-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a bug in the supernote where it fails when you try to put files in its root directory. I did implement a workaround for it recently, but without the device itself to test with, its hard to know if it works and if not how to change it so that it does. https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1954460
Old 12-22-2021, 01:57 AM   #11
itsme2020

Hi - if I can be of any help (logfiles etc…) please let me know ….

P.s I have calibre4 and calibre5 installed - do the versions interfere and cause your fix not to work?

P.p.s Despite the error I can transfer books to the SN. Maybe the problem can be solved if the file can be uploaded to the /Document folder where the books are stored?

Last edited by itsme2020; 12-22-2021 at 02:43 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:56 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's what the fix does transfer to /Documents note the trailing s. Is it supposed to be /Document or /Documents?
Old 12-22-2021, 05:32 AM   #13
itsme2020

Hi
The folder is called „Document“ without „s“ .
Thank you !
Old 12-22-2021, 10:50 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK, I changes it to Document

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ed5e0532a605a4
Old 12-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #15
itsme2020

Fantastic - thank you for your quick response !

Is there any way I can test this or should I wait for the next release ?