Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
iOS reader that uses Calibre server?

Can anyone recommend a decent reader for iOS (I have an iPod Touch) that uses Calibre's server as Stanza (RIP) did? I do currently have iBooks, Bluefire, Tomes, and Kindle apps in my collection.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
See this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
Can anyone recommend a decent reader for iOS (I have an iPod Touch) that uses Calibre's server as Stanza (RIP) did? I do currently have iBooks, Bluefire, Tomes, and Kindle apps in my collection.
If you want to a reader that is compatible with the OPDs catalog then ones that I know about are MegaReader/QuickReader and i2reader. There may be others that I do not know about. Bluefire is nearly there in that it can access OPDS catalogs that it has preset but does not currently allow the user to add their own.

There is also the eBook Search app (by the author of MegaReader/QuickReader) that allows you to browse and OPDS catalog and then transfer books into any iOS app that has registered itself for the file type. This allows transfer into programs that are not otherwise OPDS enabled such as iBooks, BlueFire, GoodReader and Kindle readers (and probably others as well). It is free (with in-app purchase to remove ads) so is well worth trying.

Finally if you access the HTML versions of the catalog using Safari then when you click on a download link Safari will offer to transfer the file in a similar manner to the eBook Search app mentioned above.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote