Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
alanjrobertson
alanjrobertson began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX & SE K750
The Register

Hi

Has anyone found some good settings for getting The Register (www.theregister.co.uk) working in Sunrise? I'd previously had it working in JPluck - there was some sort of XSL transformation that let it use the 'printer-friendly' pages.

Thanks for any help (& thanks for making Sunrise freeware, Laurens!)

Alan
Old 01-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Alan, try it with the linls from here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1957

I just had to tweak them a bit to make them work again.
Advert
Old 01-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
The Sunrise distribution also has a stylesheet for The Register. Stylesheet configuration is kind of cryptic, though. (It took me a few minutes to figure out how to make it work!)
Attached Files
File Type: sdl theregister.sdl (1.9 KB, 473 views)
Old 01-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Laurens, the namespace url leads to 404:
http://www.distantchord.com/sdl/

Btw, very nice Sunrise stylesheet!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Yeah, I still own the domain, but there's no actual site there. Actually, namespace URIs do not have to be meaningful by themselves.
Advert
Old 01-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed

BTW, stylesheets will no longer be supported in Sunrise XP. Instead, you'll have the option to collect newsfeed items over time. (Much like a regular RSS aggregator does.) This way you can, for instance, have a daily issue of The Register with just the new items received today or since the last time you ran an update.

XSL stylesheets require too much maintenance.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
alanjrobertson
alanjrobertson began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX & SE K750
Thanks for those links guys - will try them in the next day or so.

Shame stylesheets are disappearing from Sunrise XP though - I've always found them useful with The Reg (although must admit I've had to rely on others to create them!). Looking at their XML feeds - would be nice to be able to add a /print.html to the end of each URL - that would then take us to the printer-friendly version each time
Old 01-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Shame stylesheets are disappearing from Sunrise XP though - I've always found them useful with The Reg (although must admit I've had to rely on others to create them!). Looking at their XML feeds - would be nice to be able to add a /print.html to the end of each URL - that would then take us to the printer-friendly version each time
This is already possible, as Sunrise XP supports link rewriting scripts as of the latest alpha.
  1. Extract the ZIP attachment and put the XML file in the "scripts" subdirectory.
  2. Create a new document with an RSS feed from the Register (for example http://www.theregister.co.uk/excerpts.rss)
  3. Make sure "Enable link rewriting" on the Links tab is checked.
  4. Run an Update to see the results.
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Register - RSS.zip (450 Bytes, 413 views)
Old 01-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #9
MatYadabyte
Zealot
MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is available for NewsRaider

Mat