Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #31
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkenzy View Post
I'm wondering which apps and games (from Google market) will work for Kindle Fire ...

My son currently has Dead Space and The Secret of Grisly Manor, both paid Apps from the Amazon App Store. Amazon has a pretty good selection of games for the Fire.

Also, in the Must Have Apps thread I have linked to some basic Android games. I mainly like games that challenge my pea brain , like The Secret of Grisly Manor and Mr. Block.

Here's a good site if you are looking for games. Recommend you download their Store App for free.

http://download.pandaapp.com/?app=so...roller=android

Also, check out post # 20 in this thread for some other cool Apps including a few games.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=157520&page=2

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-04-2011 at 10:59 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #32
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee
lear2003 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
can anyone help, as i live in the uk i do not have access to the amazon appstore therefore i have to side load all my apps, i was fortunate to have the quick office app pre installed on my fire so i am able to open the side loaded apps (thank you BLossom), a friend of mine has just received their new kindle fire but it only has 4 apps pre installed non of which can access side loaded apps, does anybody know any other way of accessing the apps to install to the fire.
lear2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear2003 View Post
can anyone help, as i live in the uk i do not have access to the amazon appstore therefore i have to side load all my apps, i was fortunate to have the quick office app pre installed on my fire so i am able to open the side loaded apps (thank you BLossom), a friend of mine has just received their new kindle fire but it only has 4 apps pre installed non of which can access side loaded apps, does anybody know any other way of accessing the apps to install to the fire.
It should have Quick Office installed by default.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #34
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee
lear2003 began at the beginning.

unfortunately not.
lear2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #35
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
unfortunately not.
Perhaps he could do a factory reset and see if that brings back the missing Apps?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #36
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I successfully sideloaded Zinio. It's faster than I was expecting based on my experience on other devices. I used Blossom's method to backup the app with ES File Explorer on another device and send to Dropbox. However, you can also find the apk file here:
http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...80966974069955
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #37
zimlearfire
zimlearfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
I used ES File Explorer for sideloading I just made a folder in root that I move the apk's over to while connected to computer. If the only thing you are going to use ES for is to sideload it's nice that it can remember your last open folder - every time you come back to it it's open to your folder.

I also used a combo of programs to stream avi files from my all win7 home network to the fire. I sideloaded moboplayer and configured it to software-decoding. Then I got, from the fire marketplace, skifta. Those two in conjunction allow me to watch the shared media from my home network. very nice
zimlearfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
unfortunately not.
That's odd. I haven't heard of the Fire not coming with Quick Office. What apps are there?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #39
jcurry426
jcurry426 began at the beginning.

sideload without android device

This may sound ridiculous, but if I only have a kindle fire and no other android device, how can I sideload? Its telling me I need a device...please help. Ive trie everything. Even tried to root...so frustrated
jcurry426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #40
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Download the Apk file from somewhere besides the Android Market onto a Pc. Or if the application is free, have someone up it into a public dropbox folder.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #41
jcurry426

Have any good sites? Once I download the apk file, how do I get it onto the fire? Drag and drop? I have ES file app. Thanks for replying. Really appreciate it
Old 12-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurry426 View Post
Have any good sites? Once I download the apk file, how do I get it onto the fire? Drag and drop? I have ES file app. Thanks for replying. Really appreciate it
Check out this thread for markets to get apps.

You can copy the apk file over via USB, ES File Explorer's LAN feature or using a method like Dropbox.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #43
jcurry426

Thank you so much! I dont need to store the .apk file any certain way? Just in a normal folder on my pc? I ask because somehow the default "opens with" association for apk files is set to "notepad." weird but true. That shouldnt mess anything up correct?
Old 12-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurry426 View Post
Thank you so much! I dont need to store the .apk file any certain way? Just in a normal folder on my pc? I ask because somehow the default "opens with" association for apk files is set to "notepad." weird but true. That shouldnt mess anything up correct?
They can go in any folder. Once you install an app you can delete the apk or back it up like on Dropbox.

If your file associations are messed up then you can clear ES File Explorer's data to fix that. By default just a light tap on the apk file will open the installer. If it's not doing that then hit the sprocket and go to More\Applications\3rd Party apps find ES File Explorer and tap it then tap clear data to reset the app.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #45
jcurry426

Great! Im going to try that. Thank you