Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
ahagele
ahagele began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Error:0 again

Laurens,

I had been asking you about a month ago about the Error:0 problem I get.

Everything worked fine after I deleted the QuickDocument.sdl file.
(I'm running the version Sunrise Desktop 0.42i)

However it keeps on failing on a reasonably regular basis and every time I'll delete that file things are fine again.
I have the impression it fails after I had been rebooting (or hibernating) the PC. So it's usually fine for a day and the next day it's broken again.

Is there anything in that file that I could check for?

Can I sent you a copy to check when it's broken next time?

Cheers

Andreas
Old 03-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Well, I'm not really supporting the Java version anymore, so beyond what I've already told you, there's not much I'm going to do. (It's been almost a year since I last looked at the code.) Sorry.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
ahagele
ahagele began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Laurens,
that is fair enough.
But if I understand it right a 'send to sunrise' does not exist yet with sunriseXP?

So to grab html content on a one off basis and send it to the Palm does only work with the old java sunrise, correct?

Any timeline for a new 'send to sunrise'?

Or is there another way to load webpages to the PDA?

Regards

Andreas
Old 03-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

I have no real timeline for Paperclip (the new web browser extension), but don't expect anything soon.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed

No web browser extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
I have no real timeline for Paperclip (the new web browser extension), but don't expect anything soon.
Actually, I won't ever get round to implementing this. There will be no web browser extension for Sunrise XP.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
Yeuclid
Yeuclid began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Just Copy and Paste the URL

I only used the Send to Sunrise a few times on the original. I found the benefits were marginal as I usually needed to amend the SDL anyway.

The overhead of just simply copying and pasting the URL into a SXL is quite minimal, and I find Sunrise XP better to use anyway.

And when I find out how to use the filters, it will be even better.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:30 AM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Well, Send to Sunrise is a bit more convenient. One particularly handy feature is sending only the page selection. This way you can grab only the body of an article.

Unfortunately, I'm finding myself with less and less time to spend on developing Sunrise XP. There are still some major issues to be addressed before and after the v2.0 release (as indicated in the roadmap) and it will take some time before I'll get to them. Hence I have to drop some major features.

At any rate, you can run both the Java and XP versions side by side. Maybe a bit of a hassle, but you don't lose any functionality.