Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
New to e-readers. Which to get?

I recently decided to start reading fantasy novels/series as a hobby/entertainment. I currently don't have a book collection (minus the one fantasy book I bought to get started), and figured that a e-reader might be a better solution.

There are more e-reader options than I realized (i.e. Kindle, Nook, and Sony). So, I hoping someone can point into the direction of one that might work for me. From reading other threads it looks like location is important and i'm in the U.S.

I'm looking for an affordable (nice way to say cheap ) e-reader.
I only foresee reading Fantasy novels (mostly series. btw, where's a good place to shop for fantasy e-books?)
Fairly small, but not too small (5-6"?)

I don't see me using other features like wifi/3G, .pdf, etc. So, these things aren't necessary, but I won't turn down the right unit if it has them.

Thanks,

JD
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:45 AM   #2
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Webscriptions.net and booksonboard.com have decent fantasy collections.
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
I have an Astak Pocket Pro and would recommend that. It reads many different formats well and if you're just looking for something to read fiction on it would fit your requirements.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sisnce you're in the US, I'd suggest the Kindle. Moderately priced, and really couldn't be easier to buy books for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote