Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 09:11 AM   #1
jtannous
jtannous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up Tracking and discovering tool for eBooks lovers

Hi everyone,

Due to the latest obvious circumstances my wife and I are working from home and stuck here looking for some entertainment (like everyone in quarantine).

My wife is a book lover, she’s obsessed with her kindle and ebooks, so she searched for new cheap books to pass the time.

Recently she found out the one of the books that she was waiting for was free for 24 hours and she missed it, she was very upset with it, and asked me if I can make use of my capabilities and talent (for coding) to help prevent future incidents like that.

Luckily, we both are developers, so we got a great idea: creating a website to track ebooks prices (and get notified when they’re free or meet a threshold price of your choice) and also free ebooks catalog with new books everyday.

We would love to share with you guys our new website, it’s called Book4Everyone.com, it’s free to use and we developed it mainly to use it for our selves. The website is pretty new so please let us know if you find any weird problems or bugs while using it, or if you have some great ideas to improve it

https://www.book4everyone.com

BTW, We hand picked few books and categorized them in two sections that we thought would be nice to read during these times:
1. Pandemics, Plagues and Post-Apocalyptic Books
2. Calming down, Anxiety management and self improvement books
jtannous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You may be reinventing the wheel.

In any event, I recommend checking out your competition, to see how you can improve on their offerings.

ereaderiq.com
luzme.com
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
jtannous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You may be reinventing the wheel.

In any event, I recommend checking out your competition, to see how you can improve on their offerings.

ereaderiq.com
luzme.com
Thanks for your response

Yes, we know those sites, however, they don’t fit our vision and needs. Do you have any specific requests for features that should be added to the site? We are community driven, we implement a lot of requests that we get from our visitors.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
One thing ereaderiq doesn't have is an alert for when *any* book by an author is reduced to a certain price point.

It does have author alerts, but they come no matter how small the reduction is.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:57 AM   #5
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtannous View Post
Thanks for your response

Yes, we know those sites, however, they don’t fit our vision and needs. Do you have any specific requests for features that should be added to the site? We are community driven, we implement a lot of requests that we get from our visitors.
I fairly regularly browse through ereaderiq.

When I do, my standard parameters are
1. all books (I want to see all the independents too, not just the popular ones)
2. Long. I want a longer story, not interested in shorter stories. I occasionally look at anthologies, but almost never short stories, and only when I look at an author individually, instead of the general free or reduced list.
3. science fiction/fantasy. I generally look at both together, and ereaderiq does that.

Since I don't log into ereaderiq I have not set any alarms, and don't have an opinion about that.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
jtannous

Quote:
One thing ereaderiq doesn't have is an alert for when *any* book by an author is reduced to a certain price point.

I't's a great idea!
We will start implementing it, I'll let you know when it's done
Old 04-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #7
jtannous

Quote:

Quick update: We just finished implementing the feature you suggested.
Thanks a lot for this great idea, please let me know if you have more ideas as we are looking to add more features to the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
I fairly regularly browse through ereaderiq.

When I do, my standard parameters are
1. all books (I want to see all the independents too, not just the popular ones)
2. Long. I want a longer story, not interested in shorter stories. I occasionally look at anthologies, but almost never short stories, and only when I look at an author individually, instead of the general free or reduced list.
3. science fiction/fantasy. I generally look at both together, and ereaderiq does that.

Since I don't log into ereaderiq I have not set any alarms, and don't have an opinion about that.
1. You can sort the books results using the filter in the side menu.
2. Thanks for idea, we'll look into this we might implement it.
3. In the side menu you can filter by multiple genres - simply tick "Fantasy" and "Science Fiction".
Old 04-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I don't see any privacy info on your site...what will you be doing with email addresses you get from those who sign up? Why should someone use your site when there are already a couple of well known sites that do the same thing?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #9
jtannous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I don't see any privacy info on your site...what will you be doing with email addresses you get from those who sign up? Why should someone use your site when there are already a couple of well known sites that do the same thing?
We don’t make any use with you email address. But you are definitely right, we will start writing the privacy policy right away.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:40 PM   #10
Marco77
Connoisseur
Marco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PW3, Clara HD, PB740
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtannous View Post
Quick update: We just finished implementing the feature you suggested.
Thanks a lot for this great idea, please let me know if you have more ideas as we are looking to add more features to the website.

1. You can sort the books results using the filter in the side menu.
2. Thanks for idea, we'll look into this we might implement it.
3. In the side menu you can filter by multiple genres - simply tick "Fantasy" and "Science Fiction".
Hi there,
Can we have more fine-grained categories? (the epic, coming-of-age, etc. taxonomy Amazon uses)
Also, there are dire YA novels I'd like to avoid, is there a way to filter them out? (like, some ML that detects covers depicting male bare torsos or wolf packs )
Cheers
Marco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #11
jtannous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Hi!
Quick update, we just added privacy policy to our website, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco77 View Post
Hi there,
Can we have more fine-grained categories? (the epic, coming-of-age, etc. taxonomy Amazon uses)
Also, there are dire YA novels I'd like to avoid, is there a way to filter them out? (like, some ML that detects covers depicting male bare torsos or wolf packs )
Cheers
Thanks for your response we will check what we can do about it