Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
jhanlon
Nameless Being

Polish not Inserting Metadata

deleted post

Last edited by jhanlon; 03-04-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@jhanlon - the settings are kept the "polish_settings" block in the gui.json file, which is in the config folder. You could try removing the block using a text editor (with calibre not running) and redoing a polish - it will create create a new settings block.

My quick test on 2.5 appears to be OK.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
jhanlon
Nameless Being

deleted post

Last edited by jhanlon; 03-04-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon View Post
@BetterRed Thanks for the suggestion. I don't find a file named gui.json; I do find a file named gui.js in the content_server subfolder.

If that is not the file, where should I find gui.json?
the json files are in YOUR calibre configuration folder.

Preferences: Misc (click the button, the QUIT Calibre before doing the edit)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon View Post
@BetterRed Thanks for the suggestion. I don't find a file named gui.json; I do find a file named gui.js in the content_server subfolder.

If that is not the file, where should I find gui.json?
@jhanlon - my bad, I assumed you'd know where the 'config' folder was. Obviously, you were looking in what I call the the 'install' folder

Not sure what OS you're on, but if its Windows then you'll find it easier to view and edit things like json, xml... etc, files with an 'advanced' editor such as Notepad++ rather than poor ol' Notepad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
the json files are in YOUR calibre configuration folder.

Preferences: Misc (click the button, the QUIT Calibre before doing the edit)
theducks

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-15-2014 at 04:29 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
jhanlon
Nameless Being

Talking Thanks ...

... I found it and that solved the problem.