Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
emt
Nameless Being

Does Nook Color Have Bluetooth?

Is there a BT Chip just waiting for proper software? Or is there no hope for BT?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
kelchm
kelchm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Is there a BT Chip just waiting for proper software? Or is there no hope for BT?
Short Answer: Yes.

Quote:
Radio: Chip ID Ti wl1271 (kernel reports wl1273)
Chip supports bluetooth transmit/recieve and fm radio functions through the same antenna, but is not enabled in software drivers.
Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2/802.1x
Mode: Infrastructure

Read more: http://www.nookdevs.com/NookColor_Ha...#ixzz18CDdDCdb
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
kelchm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Holy smokes, the darn thing has FM radio in there too.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
There's some uncertainty about it at xda forums due to the 1-antenna design inside. No telling if they'll get it working or not.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Holy smokes, the darn thing has FM radio in there too.
I love having FM radio in my devices. It would be nice if it was activated. I like background noise while reading.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I love having FM radio in my devices. It would be nice if it was activated. I like background noise while reading.
another feature that rocks on the sansa clip and fuze mp3 players
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote