Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
AndesHelp
AndesHelp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Windows 7 installation

Hi Folks,

I need to install Calibre to Drive 'D:'. However, The installation insists on installing only in C:/Program Files'. Windows 7 looks for all 32-bit programs to install to the 'Program Files (x86)' directory. I use' D:/Program Files (x86)' for most programs. And, I use custom folders for work folders.

My system is built with an SSD for the main OS and additional SATA Hard Drives for everything else.

How can Calbre be installed to a different location than what appears to be hard coded in its installation instructions?

Thanks
AndesHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Search for Calibre Portable. It can be installed on any drive, even a portable USB drive or SDHC card etc.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you select the Advanced button option during install then you can put Calibre wherever ou like.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
AndesHelp
AndesHelp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Windows 7 Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If you select the Advanced button option during install then you can put Calibre wherever ou like.
Thanks. When I did the install I did not see an 'Advanced' button. I must have been in too much of a hurry to try Calibre.
AndesHelp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
installation, windows 7