Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #2566
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
@Jimm I sent you a PM, thanks for taking a look!
@Ryune that's a limitation of the e-reader software running on all Kindles, not your specific Kindle, no. I think one _should_ be able to click onto the table and then drag it around, but that feature has never worked properly for me for some reason.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #2567
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@Ryune - I believe cryzed is correct, but I confess I don't see tables inside stories very often (or ever really).

You might try converting to AZW3 instead of MOBI. It's a much newer format and may work better.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #2568
Metaxil
Metaxil began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 4
@ryune
There is a way of getting rid of tables in Calibre when you convert the format, however it strings the table out and can run stuff together. You could try it if you'd like. See if it's an acceptable option.
In the convert dialog go to. Look and feel > layout > linearize tables.
I think. I'm out right now and typing his on my phone so I cannot check. I'll probably forget to do it later.
Metaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #2569
babygyrl
babygyrl began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy J7
I've just run into an issue with the most recent update of this plugin. Or maybe the most recent update of Calibre, as I updated both the program and the plugin at the same time. But since then, for the last couple days, I haven't been able to download or update any stories. I exclusively read off AO3, if that matters, and every time i try to use FFF to download any story, it gives me this message:

Quote:
None of the URLs/stories given can be/need to be downloaded. See log for details.
And when I go to the log, this is what it says:

Quote:
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12925236
I've tried with multiple URLs, with various links, I've gone into the plugin settings to see if anything's changed there, but I don't see anything that's changed that would explain this. Please help?
babygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #2570
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds like the expired SSL cert issue. See FAQ:

https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...e-errors--help

Let me know if that doesn't do it.
Advert
Old 12-19-2017, 10:54 PM   #2571
babygyrl
babygyrl began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy J7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Sounds like the expired SSL cert issue. See FAQ:

https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...e-errors--help

Let me know if that doesn't do it.
Yes, thank you, that seemed to work. But simply going to the AO3 home page in edge didn't seem to work, I had to go to the story I was trying to download. Since I normally use firefox, am I going to have to use edge to visit every single page I want to download, or should I be able to download/update AO3 stories I haven't visited in the browser? Just curious.
babygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 AM   #2572
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I dunno. Try it and find out.

I would expect once per site to be sufficient. If it isn't, it might help to restart Calibre or even reboot windows.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #2573
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-12-20
- Handle QQ threads w/o threadmarks correctly.
- Additional CLI python version checking.
- fimfiction adapter: add new tag types, fix groups (#259), thanks FaceDeer!
Old 12-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #2574
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That author has a couple different blocks of truly excessive numbers of nested <em> tags in their author bio (see attached).

The author page lookup on ffnet is only used to check the author image and skip using it for story covers. You can suppress that by putting skip_author_cover: false under [fanfiction.net]:

Code:
[fanfiction.net]
skip_author_cover: false
Since this is clearly a one-off, I'm going to suggest using that setting while downloading that author's stories and then change it back afterwards. Or create a temp library, whatever you like.

If you find other authors with similar issues, I'll look into a more general fix.
I was wondering, if I don't use the image from the author as cover for the stories, could I use it in my normal library?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:27 AM   #2575
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I was wondering, if I don't use the image from the author as cover for the stories, could I use it in my normal library?
Sorry, I don't understand the question.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #2576
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

We discussed what to do about this author at a much earlier date.

Author: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/439186/SivanShemesh

If I don't use the author's image from FF.net as cover for the stories, I can use this in every library?

Code:
My original question is on page 104.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #2577
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
We discussed what to do about this author at a much earlier date.

Author: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/439186/SivanShemesh

If I don't use the author's image from FF.net as cover for the stories, I can use this in every library?

Code:
My original question is on page 104.
The original question was about avoiding an error caused by the the author’s bio containing poor HTML. As far as I can tell, it’s been adequately answered.

You may put the code:
Code:
...in your personal.ini in every library if you wish, but it will allow stories to use the author cover, which sounds like the opposite of what you want. skip_author_cover:true by default.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #2578
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks, I had read it as the opposite.

Merry Christmas and thanks for a fantastic plugin and you patience.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:24 PM   #2579
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Right, so, just realized that I forgot to actually give my review of the Kindle Oasis 2 with FanFicFare.

So, it works rather well all things considered. Kindle has a little progress bar that is really nice when tracking your progress in a given story. When you update a story through FFF this progress bar is reset to 0% however your reading location is preserved and a 0% progress is not normally displayed unless you opened a book and left immediately.

The bad part of this though is that actually finding books requires you know what you are looking for off the top of your head. The "recent" order you only get newly uploaded items and items you have recently read. Not recently updated items. So you will probably be best served by putting anything that updates into a collection for ease of discovery.

You may also want to set up a custom column with a "yes/no" condition for email tracking. I personally only really decide to start following something after I've read what already exists so it is very nice to be able to just check Calibre if I am receiving email notifications of updates for not.

So yeah, I honestly, I quite like it in comparison to my old PRS-950. I was worried about the size and shape of the screen but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's pretty slick for page turns and so far I haven't had many problems with fics that don't use wonky formatting.

And speaking of formatting. I've notices that a lot of formatting from Xenforo sources seems to be disappearing. Not so much things like italics and bold but I've noticed that when something is supposed to be right justified it isn't properly carried over. Any way to fix that?

Last edited by Ryune; 01-17-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #2580
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryune View Post
Right, so, just realized that I forgot to actually give my review of the Kindle Oasis 2 with FanFicFare.
Thanks for the review. It sounds like it's (mostly?) the same as my Voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryune View Post
And speaking of formatting. I've notices that a lot of formatting from Xenforo sources seems to be disappearing. Not so much things like italics and bold but I've noticed that when something is supposed to be right justified it isn't properly carried over. Any way to fix that?
Maybe? I'd need to see an example.

Tags
fanfiction