Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2021, 06:59 AM   #1
gaving
gaving began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy A7 10.4 Tablet
Calibre not recognising tablet

Hi - I have a Lenovo M10 Plus 128gb tablet which I connect to my laptop via usb. I have Calibre installed on the laptop but Calibre does not seem to recognise the device and thus I am unable to download books. The tablet just makes a buzzing sound when connected and does not give me the option to connect with the pc. Anyone else have problems with Lenovo and did you find a fix for it?

Thanks.
gaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
When you plug it in to your laptop, does your tablet open a notification that lets you configure the connection in file transfer vs charging only? If it's set to charging, try changing it to file transfer.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
First you need to get the laptop to see your tablet, can't blame calibre if it doesn't.
Have you tried different cables etc? Does your tablet connect to other pc's etc?
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:13 PM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As the ones above said, get your computer to see the tablet. It's in the top menu on the tablet, and then select File Transfer. As soon as I did that Calibre popped up a window asking if I wanted it to manage my tablet (Lenovo's M8). You can also do the usual thing and google for how to connect your tablet and find some youtube videos to watch.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:03 AM   #5
gaving

Thanks for the above answers - this is what I found to be the solution. While tablet is connected to pc via USB I went into tablet settings/connected devices/USB/Media Device On/USB debugging on!
Advert
Old 01-27-2021, 09:12 AM   #6
gaving

Just realised - this is only a temporary solution - debugging stops when I take USB lead out of laptop, and and when I reconnect to laptop, have to go through the settings thing again every time I want to download a book.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:48 AM   #7
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Try this. Plug tablet in when pc says tablet found etc, click unmount, then start calibre. That's the only way I get my Samsung devices working with calibre on ubuntu.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote