Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
New Pride Month Short Story Release: "At the Diner" by Neil Plakcy

Author Neil Plakcy is very well-known for his breadth of writing abilities. He's the author of the Mahu mysteries, erotica and even stories for dog lovers. Naturally, we were thrilled when Neil asked us to take a look at "At the Diner," a short story that take Neil's work into yet another realm.

"At the Diner" is the story of a young man trying to deal with the relationship he has with his estranged father. Unable to communicate with one another, they start to forge a new bond over meals at the diner where the narrator works. The question becomes: can a mutual love of food overcome a father/son dynamic that's so badly damaged?

One of the great things about this title, much like "Number Theory" which was released earlier this month, is that although the narrator of this tale is gay it isn't the whole story. This short is really about the relationships between fathers and sons, secrets kept among family members and the belief that there's something better out there in life for everyone.

We hope you'll pick up this extremely moving story. If you do, you might want to keep some Kleenex handy.

Like all of our short stories, "At the Diner" is economy-friendly priced at only $1.50. You'll find it in the Untreed Reads Store, Smashwords, Amazon for the Kindle and at many of the retailers found on the right side of our homepage.

Best,
Jay Hartman
Editor-In-Chief
Untreed Reads Publishing
http://www.untreedreads.com
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Thumbs up New High-Rated Review For Neil Plakcy’s AT THE DINER | Untreed Reads Publishing

When we published Neil Plakcy’s At the Diner, we were pretty overwhelmed by the level of emotion in it. Apparently, we aren’t the only ones. Kathy K. from Reviews at Ebook Addict took the time to review the title, and we’re happy to see she enjoyed it as well:

Kathy’s Review:

At the Diner is only 6 pages, but in those few pages Neil Plakcy shows us two men, father and son, estranged and, without saying anything, trying to find their way back to a relationship. Told from the son’s—Jerry—point of view I was immediately connected with what he was feeling. Not only had he lost his mother but his father as well… a father whom he felt he could never satisfy.

My heart went to him totally and I mourned even as he couldn’t, or wouldn’t.

But as the story progresses we see that, by small degrees, Phil is trying to mend the rift between them. Even seeing through Jerry’s eyes I still got a real feel for his father but, not being invested emotionally the way that Jerry was, I could understand that in his own mostly non-verbal way Phil was trying.

Now this is a story that, even as short as it is, holds a solid wallop that I felt for quite some time. In fact I’ve re-read Neil’s short
At the Diner a few times in the time I’ve had it… and I believe that I will continue to do so.

It’s about a journey that most of us have either undertaken or at least understand and tied to family it has the potential to really affect the reader. Beautifully done Mr. Plakcy; it’s no wonder you’re one of my favorite authors.

Our thanks to Kathy for her very generous review. Be sure to read more reviews of Untreed Reads titles by Ebook Addict Reviews by visiting http://www.ebookaddictreviews.com/ca...untreed-reads/.

At the Diner is a short story in our Diversity short story line. You can find this title by visiting The Untreed Reads Store. GreenPass members save 15%. You’ll also find the title at Amazon for the Kindle, as well as most of the great retailers you see listed on the right side of our website.

Not seeing it at your favorite retailer on our list? It will be there shortly! It sometimes may take our distributors a week from release to post the title.

Be sure to check out our complete catalog of titles by visiting the new OUR TITLES tab at the top of our homepage.

All Untreed Reads titles are available for every platform and device, including the iPad, nook and Kindle, and from nearly 50 retailers around the world including Amazon and Apple. All titles are compatible with all reading applications. Title selection at individual retailers may vary depending on what they choose to carry.
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new release, short stories, short story