Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Anggun
Enthusiast
Anggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre unable to read from prs500

I've had this problem since 4.127 and updating doesn't seemed to make a difference. When I connect my prs500, it detects that my reader is connected but I can't view any books from the device or memory stick through Calibre.

I keep getting this error.

Code:
Job: Get list of books on device
**Error**: Could not read 4096 bytes on the bulk bus. Error code: -116
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
  File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 123, in _books
  File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 159, in run_session
  File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 800, in books
  File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 159, in run_session
  File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 480, in get_file
  File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 397, in _bulk_read
  File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 384, in bulk_read_packet
  File "calibre\devices\libusb.pyo", line 251, in bulk_read
Error: Could not read 4096 bytes on the bulk bus. Error code: -116
Also, when I try to send files to the reader, it will give me an error saying unable to send. But when I checked my reader, it is there. Only the books in a collection will be separated.
Anggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try a rebooting your reader and changing the USB port you use on your computer. That error indicates problems in the USB communication with the device
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
JAyliffe
JAyliffe began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
I am also having trouble connecting to my prs500 from Calibre. I was using the Sony Connect software, that (still) works but Calibre does not see the device. I cannot see it through Windows Explorer either.

I ran prs500 info and got the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 337, in <module>
File "main.py", line 208, in main
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 193, in __init__
File "calibre\devices\libusb.pyo", line 344, in get_device_by_id
File "calibre\devices\libusb.pyo", line 328, in busses
calibre.devices.libusb.Error: Could not find libusb.

Thanks in advance.
JAyliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You cant use both the sony connect software and calibre for a PRS500
Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
JAyliffe

Does that mean I just have to uninstall CONNECT from my PC or I have to do something more? I plan to use Calibre because the interface is so much better than CONNECT (which I dislike!!)
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Read the notes here http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download_windows
Old 01-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
JAyliffe

Thanks.. .I never RTFM first
Old 01-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
JAyliffe

I couldn't find the calibre driver on my system so I uninstalled just the one. Then rebooted. For some reason the calibre driver still wouldn't install. Plugged the device back in and inevitably the CONNECT driver auto-installed.

I then performed a manual driver update, browsed to the location of the calibre driver, ignored the unsigned driver warning and rebooted again. Now I can see the device in calibre...no more tearing my hair out with CONNECT

for a great application!!