Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #46
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
** Better to ask a dumb question than make a dumb mistake **

Last edited by Crisby; 07-11-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #47
sankar10
sankar10 began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iterati View Post
Cool! More updates coming... though, they jumped one month ahead, it's 20080716 and not 20080816
I am not getting the download. has it been taken off or something . If someone can host the file will appreciate. thanks
sankar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #48
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar10 View Post
I am not getting the download. has it been taken off or something . If someone can host the file will appreciate. thanks
Hmm, indeed looks that way, they took the file down. There were errors or received "cease & desist" order from greedy Amazon due to mobi support? Anyway, I use it now.
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #49
Fake51
Enthusiast
Fake51 began at the beginning.

Device: LBook V3
Perhaps it was buggy or something. Anyway, grab it here: http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4308535. If someone could grab it and seed it, would be appreciated, as this comp won't be on constantly.

Regards
Fake
Fake51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #50
ArgonZ
ArgonZ began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Hi everyone,

I visit the Jinke web site quite frequently looking for the ever new firmware update, today I was received with a warning from firefox stating that the site I was visiting was harmfull and known to host malware. I never had any kind of problem from their site, but again they might have been hacked.
Did the same thing happened to any of you, or was this just a false alarm?

Mnl
ArgonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake51 View Post
Perhaps it was buggy or something. Anyway, grab it here: http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4308535. If someone could grab it and seed it, would be appreciated, as this comp won't be on constantly.

Regards
Fake
Why bother to torrent the firmware when there is a direct link available to download it?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #52
Fake51
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why bother to torrent the firmware when there is a direct link available to download it?
Ummm, which link are you referring to? The http://www.lbook.org/downloads/v3upd...6-20080816.zip that doesn't work (which is what Sankar pointed out and led to the torrent) or another one?

Regards
Fake
Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #53
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonZ View Post
Hi everyone,

I visit the Jinke web site quite frequently looking for the ever new firmware update, today I was received with a warning from firefox stating that the site I was visiting was harmfull and known to host malware. I never had any kind of problem from their site, but again they might have been hacked.
Did the same thing happened to any of you, or was this just a false alarm?

Mnl
You mean http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp ? It looks OK. Also there is the lbook firmware as well http://lbook.ua/ru/download/lBook%20V3 and it's the one I prefer (the second download icon does the trick). After you install that update start the device, click OK, click button 6, click button 2 then select your language; default is Russian.
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #54
ArgonZ

Well, I've just visited the Jinke website (http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp) and again google signals it as a "reported attack site". At least is what my firefox says...

anyway, there's a new firmware there with a date of 2008-07-07. I checked yesterday and it wasn't there so... it must be new :/

here's the description:
1. Improve HTML format.
2. Improve PDF format, support encrypted PDF file.
3. Improve PNG display effect.
4. Update the new parser of FB2.
5. Optimize the menus of Ukraine, Russian, Turkish and Bulgarian languages.
6. Use the Founder Font Library to replace the current Chinese font library.
7. Add the menu of Hungarian language.
8.Support lit and ppt files.

Unfortunately I still couldn'te get it to download... maybe tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #55
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
ArgonZ I see the V3 update hanlin V1.27 2008-07-07 at the Jinke website (http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp) and I can download it right now. I'm using Firefox and not receiving any "attack site" messages. Can you download the update from a different PC?
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #56
Fake51
Enthusiast

ArgonZ is right about google: it seems that google spidered the site and got the bad end of some automated scripts. Read here: http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/d...ice/update.asp

Solution: grab firefox and no-script. I doubt the firmware itself contains any malware.

Regards
Fake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-capture.png
Views:	432
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	14605  
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #57
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
And now there's also a new lBook firmware, 1.27-20080723, as always without a helpful description of what's new, at http://www.lbook.org/downloads/v3upd...7-20080723.zip
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #58
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy View Post
And now there's also a new lBook firmware, 1.27-20080723, as always without a helpful description of what's new, at http://www.lbook.org/downloads/v3upd...7-20080723.zip
It appears to add .lit support, although the viewer exhibits similar problems as the epub viewer when it comes to re-flowing a zoomed in page. Hopefully that'll be fixed before too long. If they can bring the viewer up to the same level as that used for fb2 it'd be great.

On the down side, it looks like they've also removed the mobi support. Which is a shame as the only problem with that was the 4 second page turn. Although that was a big enough problem to make me stick with fb2 for now.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #59
ArgonZ

Well, I still can't download the Jinke new firmware, but that's ok since I will keep to lbook for now, because for some reason it crashes a little less frequently than the Jinkes firmware. But it still crashes
And since the fb2 reader wasn't updated on the last version I guess I'll skip this one too.

By the way, did any one noticed the lack of Arial font on the previous firmware?
Old 07-27-2008, 03:00 AM   #60
sankar10
sankar10 began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonZ View Post
Well, I still can't download the Jinke new firmware, but that's ok since I will keep to lbook for now, because for some reason it crashes a little less frequently than the Jinkes firmware. But it still crashes
And since the fb2 reader wasn't updated on the last version I guess I'll skip this one too.

By the way, did any one noticed the lack of Arial font on the previous firmware?
I agree with you regarding jinke firmware crashing frequntly. But try this 1.27 release, the crashing has altogether disappeared . and I have a small problem may be some one can help in the lbook firmware the fb2 book dont seem to remember where I left off last and starts from the first page . Am I missing something or we have to make a book mark before we switch off.
thanks in advance
sankar10 is offline   Reply With Quote