Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
CaffeBreak
Enthusiast
CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.

Device: Aura - Aura HD - Mini
Aura power adapter

Hi. I'm new here. I just bought a 6" Aura from the Kobo website a couple of days ago. Haven't heard back from them yet so I don't know how long it'll take to get it. But, anyway, I don't know what is safe to use for a power adapter. I have one for a Kindle and a Nook Simple Touch. Will either of these work okay? Thanks.
CaffeBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeBreak View Post
Hi. I'm new here. I just bought a 6" Aura from the Kobo website a couple of days ago. Haven't heard back from them yet so I don't know how long it'll take to get it. But, anyway, I don't know what is safe to use for a power adapter. I have one for a Kindle and a Nook Simple Touch. Will either of these work okay? Thanks.
Pretty much any power adapter with a micro-USB connector will work. If the adapter exceeds the 800ma rating of the Aura, the internal circuit will limit the current, if it is rated below the 800ma rating, it'll simply charge a bit slower.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
CaffeBreak
Enthusiast
CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.

Great. One less thing to buy. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeBreak View Post
Kobo does list a power adapter on their website if you want to take a gander.

Its out of stock but here is the link

http://www.kobo.com/accessories/kobo-n613-chagr.html

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Kobo does list a power adapter on their website if you want to take a gander.

Its out of stock but here is the link

http://www.kobo.com/accessories/kobo-n613-chagr.html

regards

Jack
Interestingly, I saw this in store (BestBuy CDA) and it's 5v @1amp. There should be no trouble using any other adapter at or below this rating.

V
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
CaffeBreak
Enthusiast

I'll keep an eye on that one to see if it comes back in stock, but it looks like the Nook ST or the Kindle should work just fine for now. Thanks for all your help!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I have an Aura HD but I assume they are similar. I can charge it from a USB port on my computer until the computer goes into sleep so rather then fiddle with the power settings I just plugged it into one of the white Amazon Kindle chargers.

Since it seemed to be stalled at 90% I plugged it into a USB port on a surge protector. This time it notified me it was connected to a computer. When I cancelled that it read: 85% charged. It charged up to 100% in about 1.5 hours.

I had noticed that it seemed to be draining the battery too fast so I'm waiting to see if it lasts better now. I don't know if the Amazon charger was defective or why it would charge quickly to 90% or 85% or whatever it really was.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote