Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
krausj
Enthusiast
krausj began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
How can I make my book display bigger on the iBooks shelf?

For some reason, my book is displaying at a smaller size than most of the other books on my shelf. I notice that there are a variety of sizes. How can I control the size? I've tried messing with everything from the cover xhtml to the itunesmetada.
krausj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
It's not about image dimensions, it's about image proportion. A "full size" cover in iBooks bookshelf have an aproximate proportion of 1/1.5 (width/height).

An example: following Apple guidelines, your cover image should have at least 1400 pixels along the shorter axis. So, for a cover to occupy the maximum space available in the bookshelf, the image should have, at least, 1400 x 2100 pixels (width x height).
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
You can open one of those books that look "right" to you using Sigil, or using whatever archive manager you have installed (because ePub files are basically ZIP archives), and study the cover. The resolution isn't as important as the aspect ratio - just like PageLab said. My guess is that yours is a bit wider and it needs to be taller.

Simply resizing the cover won't do. You will probably need to rescale the background and adjust the other elements into place.

Last edited by DSpider; 04-28-2013 at 05:03 AM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote