Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #121
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie80 View Post
I'm on a Mac too and I have the same problem with some titles giving the errors described above. I don't think I have ever seen the dialog where you can choose the correct title for a book. Could that functionality be incompatible with Mac and cause the process to crash?
Maybe an option could be added do disable this dialog and always choose the most likely option?
Yes you can:
option: to retrieve rejected titles in case no exact match is found - default= yes
You will find it in the config part of the plugin.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #122
Wipneus
Connoisseur
Wipneus began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
Ebooks

Hello

Do you no why the new (e)books are not good, correctly and completely filled out in calibre?

Example: When I take the (e)book Het Been In De IJssel
with ISBN: 9044622366
The date is not good and there is no Publisher and i get not a Bookcover anymore.

The problems are not with the normal books only the ebooks.

(DUTCH) waarom worden de (e)boeken niet goed ingelezen in calibre ?
Als ik het ISBN nummer van het betreffende ebook invul en ik download de metadata de datum niet klopt en geen cover meer krijg en geen uitgever krijg te zien.

Het probleem doet zich niet voor bij gewone boeken daar klopt alles.
Wipneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #123
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipneus View Post
Hello

Do you no why the new (e)books are not good, correctly and completely filled out in calibre?

Example: When I take the (e)book Het Been In De IJssel
with ISBN: 9044622366
The date is not good and there is no Publisher and i get not a Bookcover anymore.

The problems are not with the normal books only the ebooks.

The order of the information is different for ebooks, and there is no direct tag for publisher or date.
Presuming the difference is consistent, I can make an adjustment on the binding method( ebook or not).
I will take a look en publish an update asap.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #124
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Ok, update 2.2.2 available at the startpage of this thread.

- correct publisher and publish date in case of eBook version
thanks Wipneus

enjoy!

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 06-17-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #125
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Sorry but not everything works in good order. Now I get the number of pages in when it`s publisht. Take the ebook Houvast - Linda Jansma and take the 10 digit isbn and you will see whats wrong. Paperback books are all oke. Not every ebook is wrong.

Dutch:
Sorry niet alles is goed ingevult in Calibre. Nu krijg ik het aantal pagina`s in Gepubliceerd en de datum klopt niet. Bijv. Houvast - Linda Jansma en neem dan de 10 digit isbn en je ziet wat er verkeerd is. Boeken in Paperback zijn wel goed. Niet elke ebook is verkeerd.

Thank you too make it works. Sorry for the problems.

Greetz Wipneus

Last edited by Wipneus; 06-19-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Advert
Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #126
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Sorry but not everything works in good order. Now I get the number of pages in when it`s publisht. Take the ebook Houvast - Linda Jansma and take the 10 digit isbn and you will see whats wrong. Paperback books are all oke. Not every ebook is wrong.

Dutch:
Sorry niet alles is goed ingevult in Calibre. Nu krijg ik het aantal pagina`s in Gepubliceerd en de datum klopt niet. Bijv. Houvast - Linda Jansma en neem dan de 10 digit isbn en je ziet wat er verkeerd is. Boeken in Paperback zijn wel goed. Niet elke ebook is verkeerd.

Thank you too make it works. Sorry for the problems.

Greetz Wipneus

I did not noticed Your post until now. I Will take à look at it next week ( not at home right now)
Old 07-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #127
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Ok, another update of ebooks. Thx to Wipneus

Because there are not tags at the website for publisher and publishing date,
we have to quess for the order of the information.
For a paperbook the publisher is named at the third item, but for an ebook it is (by default) the second item. However in some cases ( p.e. when pagecount is also mentioned, the publisher is the third item in the list.
For the publishing date it is the same.

Therefore, in case of an ebook, I check if "pagina" is part of the publishers name.
That will do for now, but there are more errors possible. So let me know.

Update available at the start of this thread.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #128
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Hello Pr.BarnArt

The problem is almost away but when i take the 10 digit (13 digit too) isbn number of a ebook he can find covers for the book. The paperback book with the 10 or 13 digit number doesn`t have that problem.
Sorry for the bad english and i hope there is no problem that i type it also in Dutch.

Het probleem is bijna opgelost maar als ik het 10 of 13 isbn nummer invul en laat dan zoeken vind die geen cover meer van de ebook. Bij de paperback isbn nummer vind die wel de cover en heeft die geen problemen.
Sorry voor het slechte engels en ik hoop dat het in nederlands erbij mag staan.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #129
Wipneus
Connoisseur

sorry that i post it twice

Last edited by Wipneus; 07-10-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: double
Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #130
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Hello Pr.BarnArt

The problem is almost away but when i take the 10 digit (13 digit too) isbn number of a ebook he can find covers for the book. The paperback book with the 10 or 13 digit number doesn`t have that problem.
Sorry for the bad english and i hope there is no problem that i type it also in Dutch.
pls give me some examples.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #131
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Hoi

Ik krijg je wel (ebook) - Sophie Kinsella - isbn:9044338609 (no cover)
Ik krijg je wel (paperback) - Sophie Kinsella - isbn:9044338595 (cover)

Krijg nou tieten (ebook) - Claudia de Breij - isbn:9046807630 (no cover)
Krijg nou tieten (paperback) - Claudia de Breij - isbn:9046811751 (cover)

I have tested some ebooks but every time there is no cover only short text of the book and the information.

(Dutch) Ik heb enkele ebooks getest maar hij vind geen cover van het boek alleen de samenvatting en overige informatie.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #132
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Hoi

Ik krijg je wel (ebook) - Sophie Kinsella - isbn:9044338609 (no cover)
Ik krijg je wel (paperback) - Sophie Kinsella - isbn:9044338595 (cover)

Krijg nou tieten (ebook) - Claudia de Breij - isbn:9046807630 (no cover)
Krijg nou tieten (paperback) - Claudia de Breij - isbn:9046811751 (cover)

I have tested some ebooks but every time there is no cover only short text of the book and the information.

(Dutch) Ik heb enkele ebooks getest maar hij vind geen cover van het boek alleen de samenvatting en overige informatie.

Hey Wipneus,

I think in the config file you have chosen for covers from literatuurplein only.
Without using that option you get the cover from bol.
The isbn of Sophie Kinsella - isbn:9044338609 (no cover) is not available at literatuurplein
The same for the ebook of claudia de Breij.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #133
ralphvdhoudt
ralphvdhoudt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
EOFError on 'Show rejected titles, in case no exact match is found'

Keep getting this error when selecting 'Show rejected titles, in case no exact match is found'

calibre, version 0.9.43
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata. Click Show Details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 50, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/__init__.py", line 19, in eintr_retry_call
EOFError
ralphvdhoudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #134
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphvdhoudt View Post
Keep getting this error when selecting 'Show rejected titles, in case no exact match is found'

calibre, version 0.9.43
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata. Click Show Details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 50, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/__init__.py", line 19, in eintr_retry_call
EOFError
Hey Ralph , wat is your search query? Which book, author of isbn number.
I like to reproduce the error to fix. It looks like there are no titles found at all.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #135
Tijntje
Tijntje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Would it be possible to strip titles of the (eBook) suffix?
I have a lot of eBooks and they show up in Calibre as "title (eBook)" because of Bol.com plugin.
It would nicer if the (eBook) suffix would be stripped.
Tijntje is offline   Reply With Quote