Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
pmlawson
pmlawson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Unhappy with CM7.. Is it really stable?

I took Honeycomb off my SD card and reinstalled CM7. Originally I installed the wrong version of CM7, no tablet tweaks or Bluetooth, and surprisingly had no issues with that version. But reading here, as I do daily, I resolved to put the correct version on my SD card. Mission accomplished. I have loaded multiple apps and had even had success uploading contacts from my phone to the NC via Bluetooth. However... I have recently been getting multiple crashes, force closes and such. Dolphin HD crashes, Android Market crashes, Angry birds worked, but now crashes. I am very frustrated!

Today I received this message: "process com.google.android. (various applications)"

What is this? And can I fix it?

1st edit: And now I am having WI-FI issues "Error"

Last edited by pmlawson; 04-27-2011 at 03:01 PM.
pmlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlawson View Post
I took Honeycomb off my SD card and reinstalled CM7. Originally I installed the wrong version of CM7, no tablet tweaks or Bluetooth, and surprisingly had no issues with that version. But reading here, as I do daily, I resolved to put the correct version on my SD card. Mission accomplished. I have loaded multiple apps and had even had success uploading contacts from my phone to the NC via Bluetooth. However... I have recently been getting multiple crashes, force closes and such. Dolphin HD crashes, Android Market crashes, Angry birds worked, but now crashes. I am very frustrated!

Today I received this message: "process com.google.android. (various applications)"

What is this? And can I fix it?

1st edit: And now I am having WI-FI issues "Error"
If you read the following article you will see that one very knowledgeable user had similar problems, and they seemed to be caused by the SD card.
http://quinxy.com/2011/04/14/complet...on-nook-color/

His solution was to put CM7 on the internal memory, and that is what I like as well. If you want to continue with an SD card you might try formating the SD card with SD Formatter from SDcard.org. That will ensure that you have a properly formatted and clean SD card to start you install with.
http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

BTW, CM7 is Honeycomb.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
If you read the following article you will see that one very knowledgeable user had similar problems, and they seemed to be caused by the SD card.

His solution was to put CM7 on the internal memory, and that is what I like as well. If you want to continue with an SD card you might try formating the SD card with SD Formatter from SDcard.org. That will ensure that you have a properly formatted and clean SD card to start you install with.

BTW, CM7 is Honeycomb.
CM7 is NOT Honeycomb - it is Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
CM7 is NOT Honeycomb - it is Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
You are OF COURSE absolutely correct.
I do not know why I keep twisting those names around.

Maybe I should just stick with Android 2.3 and Android 3.0 ( The Android version of Vista according to some bloggers)
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Probably an SD card issue. Did you test your SD card speed? You can use CrystalDiskMark on a PC to do a few speed tests on it. Don't believe the class rating. It's like watts on audio equipment - doesn't seem to mean much.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Have you tried "fix permissions" in ROM manager ?

Exactly what SD Card ?

Did you format the card in between Honeycomp and CM7 ?

Did you clear the system and data partitions in between the versions of CM7 ?
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
pmlawson
pmlawson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
[QUOTE=Dave_S;1514068]If you read the following article you will see that one very knowledgeable user had similar problems, and they seemed to be caused by the SD card.

I have formatted the card, several times. But I guess one more wouldn't hurt!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Probably an SD card issue. Did you test your SD card speed? You can use CrystalDiskMark on a PC to do a few speed tests on it. Don't believe the class rating. It's like watts on audio equipment - doesn't seem to mean much.
Thanks Green! I will do that after I re-format? Maybe test it first then format and re-test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Stuart View Post
Have you tried "fix permissions" in ROM manager ?

Exactly what SD Card ?

Did you format the card in between Honeycomp and CM7 ?

Did you clear the system and data partitions in between the versions of CM7 ?
Ken,

I will try "Fix permissions"

I use an 8 gb Adata Class 6 card

I did format, several times between all installs, Honeycomb/CM7 unstable & CM7 stable version.

When I reformatted the card before each install, I assume it cleared the card entirely. Am I wrong?

Thanks to all for the great responses!!
pmlawson is offline   Reply With Quote