Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
Hartsock
Enthusiast
Hartsock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Kobo Aura HD: Opening Pocket Article Restarts Reader

Kobo Aura HD ; firmware 4.5.9587

The last couple weeks trying to open certain Pocket articles leads to the Aura HD rebooting. The article never opens on screen.

Checking in to see if anyone has experienced this. Really have not experienced this in pasat. I did a hard factory reset today but that did not help. I use Pocket on the Aura HD a lot and today 3 articles failed to open and the Reader rebooted.

Will have to check in with the Pocket people.

Dana
Hartsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:21 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I opened a random Pocket article on my H2O2, no problem. Same firmware. Is it only particular articles that do this for you? Perhaps we could try to reproduce it with a specific article link?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:08 AM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Kobo Aura HD & firmware 4.5.9587 here. Pocket works for me.

If you like, give us a link to a webpage from where an arcticle is created that reboots you reader and we can test.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
Hartsock
Enthusiast

Yeah, it is select articles that cause the reboot of the reader. And unfortunately I lost the offending URLs that I thought I had saved. If I come across it again I will check in here as well as have Pocket take a look at the html.

Dana
Old 08-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Isn't the URL available if you go to the Pocket web site?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
Hartsock
Enthusiast

Ok attempting to open the following link in Pocket caused my Aura HD to reboot.

https://medium.com/@nicksones/john-k...ectionName=top
Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Reproducible here on my Glo HD. Will pass it on to Kobo
Old 08-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
Ok attempting to open the following link in Pocket caused my Aura HD to reboot.

https://medium.com/@nicksones/john-k...ectionName=top
It restarted my Aura ONE as well. I recommend reporting it to Kobo for fixing. I can see stack log files produced, so they should want these as well. I'll put in a report.

Watching the device when this happens, makes me think it is sickel triggered reboot. Sickel is a monitor that restarts the system if something has not responded for to long. This should be a minute. There is a patch for the firmware that either disables sickel or extends the time limit. That might help if the problem is just that it is taking to long to render.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #9
Hartsock
Enthusiast

Interesting. Happy "I guess" to see the behavior duplicated on another, and different device. My device reboots 5-10 seconds after I select of article in Pocket.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #10
Hartsock
Enthusiast

I save to and read a lot of articles in Pocket. Besides the problem discussed here I am finding more articles that will not open but don't trigger the reboot.

Dana
Old 08-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

If possible share any problematic urls

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #12
Hartsock
Enthusiast

Another one, I wonder if the URL or the length of the UR could be implicated? Pocket can really add to the length of them.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5dMKVyOVWdWB4g
Old 08-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #13
Hartsock
Enthusiast

My guess is the last firmware update must have introduced the problem. Don't recall seeing the problem until after that.