Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #46
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
Starting job: Creating X-Ray Files

05-03-2016 16:10:38 The Girl on the Train: A Novel - Paula Hawkins
05-03-2016 16:10:38 Getting ASIN...
Job: "Creating X-Ray Files" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 94, in create_xrays_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 50, in get_results_create
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Called with args: () {u'abort': , u'notifications': , u'log': }
Will look into it. Sorry for the bugs. I ran it on ~165 books. Still not enough fr me to catch all the bugs haha.
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #47
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
do your best
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #48
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
do your best
Haha. I am! Still working on it!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #49
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Starting job: Creating X-Ray Files

05-03-2016 16:10:38 The Girl on the Train: A Novel - Paula Hawkins
05-03-2016 16:10:38 Getting ASIN...
Job: "Creating X-Ray Files" failed with error:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 94, in create_xrays_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 50, in get_results_create
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Called with args: () {u'abort': , u'notifications': , u'log': }
I think I fixed this.. It was only happening intermittently for me. I did run it a bunch of times to check and it hasn't happened since but please let me know if it happens again.

This update also includes an updated way to search for the shelfari url. You can try it with your The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo book.

Last edited by szarroug3; 05-05-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #50
fardeenah
Connoisseur

its working fine thank you, just a quick question, if i already created an x ray, will it send it next time i transfer the book on the kindle, if i use the option send to device?
Advert
Old 05-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #51
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
its working fine thank you, just a quick question, if i already created an x ray, will it send it next time i transfer the book on the kindle, if i use the option send to device?
Glad to hear!
Yes, that's exactly what that option does. I personally do a create on all my books while my kindle is disconnected. It takes a while since I have so many. Once I'm done, I connect it and then do a send. Send is actually taking a while right now so I'm working on optimizing that.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:15 PM   #52
szarroug3
Zealot

I've added book specific preferences in version 2.0.0. This will let you set the asin and shelfari URL to be used.

I'm going be updating the book specific preferences in 2.1.0.
I'm going to be looking into speeding up the sending x-ray option in 2.2.0.

Last edited by szarroug3; 05-10-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #53
fardeenah
Connoisseur

thank you, i was tryuing to create my xray for all my calibre library and it frooze whren it tried to create game of thrones dance of dragon, waited for hours, i had to cancel it, was trying to batch 574 books , maybe thats why, on the other hand the new shelfari search that u did works great! thank you
Old 05-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #54
fardeenah
Connoisseur

i clicked on book preferences
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'url' referenced before assignment

calibre 2.56 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Goodreads Sync && Quality Check && KFX Output && X-Ray Creator && Kindle Collections && Hyphenate This!
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.ui", line 93, in book_config
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.book_config", line 51, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.book_config", line 196, in __init__
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'url' referenced before assignment
Old 05-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #55
naki
naki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Good afternoon,
first, thank you for writing this plugin. It is a great addition to Calibre!

The x-ray creation stage works fine, however when copying the files it fails with the following error:

05-08-2016 15:05:47 Getting format specific data...
05-08-2016 15:05:47 Sending x-ray to device...
Job: "Sending X-Ray Files to Device" failed with error:
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 152, in send_xrays_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 607, in send_xray_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 423, in send_xray
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 364, in _find_device
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 377, in _get_drive_info
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'windll'

Called with args: () {u'log': , u'abort': , u'notifications': }

Calibre 2.56.0
OSX 10.11.4
naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #56
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
thank you, i was tryuing to create my xray for all my calibre library and it frooze whren it tried to create game of thrones dance of dragon, waited for hours, i had to cancel it, was trying to batch 574 books , maybe thats why, on the other hand the new shelfari search that u did works great! thank you

Haha maybe! I haven't tried doing it with that many! Did you happen to check if the job details was showing anything happening? It took me about half an hour to do my 165 books. So i think yours should take maybe 2 hours or so. Of course it also depends on how big the books are and stuff. The longer the book, the longer it will take to parse it since it has to read through the whole book. Also, glad to hear the new shelfari search worked out for you!

Quote:
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'url' referenced before assignment

Python 2.7.9
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Goodreads Sync && Quality Check && KFX Output && X-Ray Creator && Kindle Collections && Hyphenate This!
Will look into this
Old 05-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #57
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by naki View Post
Good afternoon,
first, thank you for writing this plugin. It is a great addition to Calibre!

The x-ray creation stage works fine, however when copying the files it fails with the following error:

05-08-2016 15:05:47 Getting format specific data...
05-08-2016 15:05:47 Sending x-ray to device...
Job: "Sending X-Ray Files to Device" failed with error:
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 152, in send_xrays_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 607, in send_xray_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 423, in send_xray
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 364, in _find_device
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 377, in _get_drive_info
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'windll'

Called with args: () {u'log': , u'abort': , u'notifications': }

Calibre 2.56.0
OSX 10.11.4

Thanks!! I'm glad you like it! What OS are you using? I think I may have put that this works for Windows, Mac and Linux but it actually only works on Windows at the moment. I don't have a Mac or Linux computer to test with.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #58
naki
naki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
Thanks!! I'm glad you like it! What OS are you using? I think I may have put that this works for Windows, Mac and Linux but it actually only works on Windows at the moment. I don't have a Mac or Linux computer to test with.
Hi! I'm using OSX 10.11.4 (15E65) also know as OSX El Capitan.
If you need a beta tester on Mac I'll be glad to help you
naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #59
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by naki View Post
Hi! I'm using OSX 10.11.4 (15E65) also know as OSX El Capitan. If you'd like some beta tester on Mac I'll be glad to help you.
Ah, that's definitely why it doesn't work for you. There's a lot of code I didn't know how to write for Mac (specifically how to locate the device which is what is failing for you right now). I'd love the help in beta testing but it will take some time before I even get to that stage. I have to check first how much of my code is incompatible and then see how to fix it before we can get to that part. As far as I know, you should be able to get through the "Create X-Ray" function successfully if you don't have "send to device if connected" checked in the preferences. Can you try that? If that works, you should be able to manually copy the x-ray file but you'd have to check the ASIN on the book on the device to make sure it's the same as the ID in the x-ray filename. If it isn't, you can just change the filename so you don't have to change the ASIN in the book. So sorry for the inconvenience!
Old 05-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #60
szarroug3
Zealot

Smile

Quote:
calibre, version 2.56.0

Python 2.7.9
Should be fixed. Also added a few things to the book preferences. Let me know if it works for you now.

Tags
x-ray