Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Linux "Calibre Portable"

I'm dipping my toes in the Linux world again and still undecided what distro to go with. I'm multi-booting 4-5 Linux distros while I try to decide. Distros will be primarily Ubuntu (or at least Debian) based plus Manjaro (ArchLinux based).

I left /home on the root of each install as I've read some issues might crop up if I use the same /home directory with different Linux installs.

I created a separate partition /dev/sda10 for data which will be auto-mounted on all distros using the same path: /storage. My calibre library is stored in /storage/calibre/library.

My question is will it be safe to share settings/configs across the different installs? If yes, how can I go about sharing the configs? For that matter, do I need to install Calibre separately on all the various distros or can I just put it in the shared directory as well?

Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The linux calibre download page has instructions on how to install an "isoalted" calibre that runs from its own folder which can be used as a portable calibre. As for sharing configs, calibre looks for confgis by default in ~/.config/calibre so sync that folder or use symlinks or use the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environment variable, whatever is convenient.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Can't believe I missed that part. I need a bigger monitor. Alas, my test platform is an 11" netbook.

Gonna try it when the heat's not 100°F (currently have all PCs off).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote