Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #796
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Downloaded two dict files (one from the Pocketbook website itself), uploaded them in /system/dictionnaries and then ensured that all dictionnaries were checked in settings/languages on the PB. But still "problem opening the dictionnary" in CR.

Not sure which step I missed.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #797
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

I've a few questions about CR (simply because I*don't understand but it might be pretty simple).

1) Why is the default font choice limited to 3 fonts while there are plenty of fallback fonts? (how can I*use another default font than the 3?)

2) I don't understand a word of all the fonts options. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

3) Similarly, I*don't understand most formatting option in CR.

4) What are the "depth", the theme and the "skins"? Should I*care?

5) Can I*put the status line at the bottom?

6) Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use the annotation buttons? (I didn't manage to save an annotation so far).

That seems quite a lot but, honnestly, I'm really happy about CR (especially once I*will get the dict to work). It works really well on my PB632 and I'm really happy to have it as a default reader. I had it crash on a given book but clearing the cache solved the issue so I'm happy. Thanks for it :-)
Advert
Old 07-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #798
Axir
Axir began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
You have to activate it in the Pocketbook system settings. Coolreader can only access external dictionaries.
What exactly do you mean by system settings? I activated the dictionary on the inkpad by going to setting/languages/available dictionarys. Is that not it?
Axir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #799
Axir
Axir began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Downloaded two dict files (one from the Pocketbook website itself), uploaded them in /system/dictionnaries and then ensured that all dictionnaries were checked in settings/languages on the PB. But still "problem opening the dictionnary" in CR.

Same issue here
Axir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:40 AM   #800
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
1) Why is the default font choice limited to 3 fonts while there are plenty of fallback fonts? (how can I*use another default font than the 3?)
Normally, CR has access to the fonts in the system font folder on the device. You can copy fonts into it via USB and choose them in CR.

2) I don't understand a word of all the fonts options. Is there a tutorial somewhere?
I don't either. Google them. ;-)
The ones I adjusted are font embolding and gamma. These increase the contrast and readability.

3) Similarly, I*don't understand most formatting option in CR.
Try them out and see what changes. Unfortunately, there isn't a comprehensive manual.
Or read this thread from the beginning. A lot is exained here.

4) What are the "depth", the theme and the "skins"? Should I*care?
Only skin is imortant. You can choose one that matches your firmware and screen resolution.

5) Can I*put the status line at the bottom?
No.

6) Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use the annotation buttons? (I didn't manage to save an annotation so far).
See other thread.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 01:42 AM   #801
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post

I used to have that error on one of my older devices. It somehow sorted itself out. Try a reinstall of CR or a system reset. Make sure the dictionary is in the right format and also activated in the PB settings.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:27 AM   #802
ploum
Zealot

Quote:
Normally, CR has access to the fonts in the system font folder on the device. You can copy fonts into it via USB and choose them in CR.

CR has clearly access to the fonts because the fonts I*uploaded appear in the "fallback font" menu. But not in the "default font" menu. (as I prefer to read with style disabled, everything is in the default font for me).

Anyway, thanks a lot for your contributions and answers. Coolreader is a lot clearer for me now !
Old 07-21-2019, 04:34 AM   #803
ploum
Zealot

Quote:
I used to have that error on one of my older devices. It somehow sorted itself out. Try a reinstall of CR or a system reset. Make sure the dictionary is in the right format and also activated in the PB settings.
Can you share a "good" dic file so we can at least all try with the same file? And maybe share how it appears it the PB system list? That way, at least, we start all on the same ground.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #804
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

I don't have access to a PC until next weekend. I took the .dic files from the thread here on Mobileread in the Pocketbook forum. I use the English monolingual dictionaries.

I have never heard of the fonts problem. I would try a reinstall or system reset here, too.

Last edited by LucyOne; 07-21-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:08 AM   #805
Mewa
Mewa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage, Pocketbook 626, Kobo Libra H2O
Hello,
I bought a book from Amazon and downloaded it to my PC via USB like many times before. Then I installed it with Calibre on my Voyage. While reading with the coolreader (version 2019.02.11) I noticed that some words, endings and whole lines are missing. If I read the book with the original Kindle software, these passages are not missing. On a Pocketbook 2 with Coolreader software all texts are completely present.
I removed the book several times from Calibre and Kindle and reloaded it. The error is reproducible.
Can I do anything else? I like to read with the coolreader.

Regards Christian

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Mewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #806
Mewa
Mewa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage, Pocketbook 626, Kobo Libra H2O
Unfortunately I chose the wrong category, it's a Kindle and not a Pocketbook, maybe a moderator can move the post.
Thank you!
Christian
Mewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:39 PM   #807
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
To spare anyone a future headache: If you have created separate user profiles, the extensions.cfg file needs to be in /system/profiles/[profilename]/config/. This is also the case if you have ever created a new profile and then deleted that profile, because the device won't migrate your config files back (which was my case).

And for the newest firmware you need to replace the text "fbreader.app" with "eink-reader.app" (as was mentioned earlier in the thread).
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #808
Fataz
Fataz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Hi
I tried to install coolreader on my Inkpad 3 without success.
Firmware is v.5.20.1010

Can someone explain what i need to do?
Thanks
Fataz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:15 AM   #809
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataz View Post
Hi
I tried to install coolreader on my Inkpad 3 without success.
Firmware is v.5.20.1010

Can someone explain what i need to do?
Thanks
Come on, you need to say what you've already tried, or no one can help you fix this.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:47 AM   #810
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
Come on, you need to say what you've already tried, or no one can help you fix this.
Most likely just fetched wrong SDK release. The PRO5 one works on 740 and 740-2. There's bunch font/dpi related glitches (like tiny gui font with large margins in some places, and then gigantic fonts elsewhere and such).
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote