Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #34681
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
The premier of Saskatchewan had to confirm that the provincial state of emergency did not give him or the health minister the power to seize cows.

I want to know what this timeline we're in is. And how to get out of it.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:48 PM   #34682
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The premier of Saskatchewan had to confirm that the provincial state of emergency did not give him or the health minister the power to seize cows.

In the same vein, the shops in the state of Victoria must have ran out of mask mounted straws….

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...ools-c-4180929

Someone asked: "When we officially outsource our governments to 'the experts', who will get the Maximilien Robespierre gig and seize control of the Committee of Public Safety?"
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:52 AM   #34683
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

Perhaps Monsieur Trudeau could emulate his father who invoked the War Measures Act and invoke it's replacement, the Emergencies Act.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #34684
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It's my usual rant about the number of coffee machines available in the cottages of the Landal vacation parks. The one I booked for February had two coffee machines in January 2020; a regular coffee machine and a Senseo (pads) machine. According to the description they added a third; the Nespresso (pods) machine. And there's and electric kettle. Since most of the kitchens in the cottages haven't got much counter space I usually store the coffee machines in hall closet, utility closet, extra bedroom or sauna room.

The cottage my sister and I stayed in last month had two coffee machines, an electric kettle and a Qooker (you can get boiling water from the tap). Luckily this cottage had a big kitchen, so we didn't move any of the machines.

It's just too many machines on the kitchen counter for those tiny kitchens.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 02:18 PM   #34685
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's my usual rant about (snippage for space)

The cottage my sister and I stayed in last month had two coffee machines, an electric kettle and a Qooker (you can get boiling water from the tap). Luckily this cottage had a big kitchen, so we didn't move any of the machines.

It's just too many machines on the kitchen counter for those tiny kitchens.
Anything named Qooker gets my vote. I have no idea what it does, but I want one now. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:23 PM   #34686
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Anything named Qooker gets my vote. I have no idea what it does, but I want one now. :-)

Hitch

It’s a faucet that has a setting for boiling water. There are now even versions where you have the regular hot/cold water, boiling water and sparkling water.

It took us over a week to figure out how to get boiling water (we could have downloaded the manual to figure it out at once). But it was a bit of a disappointment.

Yes, you get instant boiling water, but it came spitting out. You had to be careful not to get burned by the splattering water when filling a pan, let alone trying to fill a cup to make tea.

There was a time when my sister wanted a Qooker, until she realized it costs a fortune to keep a certain amount of water at boiling temperature all day long. After using it she didn’t like the spitting water either. An electric kettle is slower, but less chance of burns and you can just heat the right amount of water when you need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2021, 04:29 PM   #34687
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It’s a faucet that has a setting for boiling water. There are now even versions where you have the regular hot/cold water, boiling water and sparkling water.

It took us over a week to figure out how to get boiling water (we could have downloaded the manual to figure it out at once). But it was a bit of a disappointment.

Yes, you get instant boiling water, but it came spitting out. You had to be careful not to get burned by the splattering water when filling a pan, let alone trying to fill a cup to make tea.

There was a time when my sister wanted a Qooker, until she realized it costs a fortune to keep a certain amount of water at boiling temperature all day long. After using it she didn’t like the spitting water either. An electric kettle is slower, but less chance of burns and you can just heat the right amount of water when you need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds like something we would never have in the US due to potential litigation by users getting burned. I personally wouldn't want a faucet that would spit hit water at me!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #34688
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
That sounds like something we would never have in the US due to potential litigation by users getting burned. I personally wouldn't want a faucet that would spit hit water at me!
Oh! Yes, I had that in my last house, an Insta-Hot. I loved it and it didn't spurt or splutter. Wonderful gadget!

Hitch
Old 10-18-2021, 12:13 PM   #34689
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The ridiculous, lazy (and frequently dangerous) lengths people go to in order to avoid having to put their car in reverse. Ever.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:51 PM   #34690
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I've known several people who had them, here in the US. Insinkerator makes them.

I've also known some folks who don't want their water kept hot all the time, as it removes the oxygen from the water and affects the taste of tea or coffee.

I've no idea if that's true.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #34691
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I've known several people who had them, here in the US. Insinkerator makes them.

I've also known some folks who don't want their water kept hot all the time, as it removes the oxygen from the water and affects the taste of tea or coffee.

I've no idea if that's true.
If you use Instant Coffee, or make tea (and the InstaHot is on a filtered line, if required), it's lovely. It's also bloody nice for frozen veggies that you wish to defrost and the like.

I loved mine. I'm sad that I don't have one in this house and if I redo the kitchen bygod I will replace it, even knowing that it will have an extremely limited lifespan (well water with incredible amounts of calcium, lime, etc. We don't use toilet brushes at my house; we use pumice stones. Seriously.)

Hitch
Old 10-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #34692
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
If you use Instant Coffee, or make tea (and the InstaHot is on a filtered line, if required), it's lovely. It's also bloody nice for frozen veggies that you wish to defrost and the like.

I loved mine. I'm sad that I don't have one in this house and if I redo the kitchen bygod I will replace it, even knowing that it will have an extremely limited lifespan (well water with incredible amounts of calcium, lime, etc. We don't use toilet brushes at my house; we use pumice stones. Seriously.)

Hitch
I think I posted about the fact that we wanted one when we got our kitchen redone a few years ago, and we wound up not getting it because of various excuses by our contractor. We're now having some stuff redone to repair some of the last guy's mistakes, and the new guys says he'll put it in if we like.
Not sure if we want to risk disappointment again.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 10-18-2021 at 09:10 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:11 PM   #34693
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I think I posted about the pact that we wanted one when we got our kitchen redone a few years ago, and we wound up not getting it because of various excuses by our contractor. We're now having some stuff redone to repair some of the last guy's mistakes, and the new guys says he'll put it in if we like.
Not sure if we want to risk disappointment again.

ApK
Honestly, I used it more for cooking than for coffee. Mr. H drinks instant; he has a brand he really likes and that's that. He really liked the IH for that use.

I drink SBUX from a Keurig, so...you know, whatever floats your boat.

Very handy for putting hot water on the stove, and bringing it to a boil, to cook a veggie, or for using water for steaming and the like. I hate living without it. LURVED it at my last house. Imean, yeah, it is definitely a First World Problem, I confess it.

Hitch
Old 10-19-2021, 02:03 AM   #34694
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like the Quooker in our cottage wasn't working properly. I can't imagine many people wanting one of those things if you're in danger of burning yourself. But for us an electric kettle works well, I recently learned on this forum that on 240 volts it boils quicker than on 110 volts (never realized that).
Old 10-23-2021, 02:26 AM   #34695
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I want to vent and rant about Amazon's current log-in extra step. I didn't mind that after logging in on my laptop that I had to open a text on my iphone with a link to approve the log-in until tonight when that link went nowhere. Tried it again 4 times and got new link on the iphone, but it didn't work, so I called Amazon help (the links on the website to connect to help didn't have my problem on the list, so I called them.) The guy was in another country and seemed clueless.

Then I tried again while I was on the phone with him and it worked and I had to tell him "OK that's it, BYE." They tend to keep me on the phone longer than I want. I hope that this does not happen again. I appreciate that we don't want someone else to log into my account, but please let ME log into my own account.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness