Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 04:39 AM   #31
Cengizhan Gunes
Cengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheese

Device: onyx
Anybody waiting the boyue mimas?
Cengizhan Gunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #32
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cengizhan Gunes View Post
Anybody waiting the boyue mimas?
ME!! they said it will sell on their aliexpress store, but I have not seen still, do you know when? https://likebook.aliexpress.com/store/3333002
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #33
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
I have Note, and I think the main advantage of it is the flexible screen - for the first time I feel completely relaxed, not afraid to break the screen. Until now all my readers had glass screens.

Now I need a second one. I am very suspicious of Note Plus.
Note Plus has glass on top of the screen, so there is danger of cracking it or breaking, and with such a big 10.3" screen, it really should be super rigid (with heavy metal frame?) to avoid cracking the screen.
I think the main advantage of the flexible screen is gone.
It is a very expensive reader with a big glass surface and with it you cannot afford to doze off when reading.
Correct me if I'm wrong?

Actually, I don't use stylus at all so I am thinking about Note Lite now.
As I understand it, in all other respects it is exactly the same as Note?

As to this Boyue Mimas thing: do I understand it correctly that it has the same flexible screen and no glass, even though with the front light?
The memory card up to 128 GB and buttons - the must have things for me, so I am very interested.
I don't need front light though. And white is unacceptable, if I get it I will try to paint it black or just use some black tape - the screen appears to be so much whiter then.

I grew to love the native Neo reader on my Onyx Boox Note.
I wonder if it is possible to get it separately and install on Mimas.
Neo reader is the best for pdf, I tried many different readers and none comes even close.
I mean - for reading pdf "books" if I may call them that: they do not require any zooming - pdfs generated for sizes equal to the original paper book sizes.
As to epub and other proper non-fixed ebook formats, Neo reader is still pretty good but there are alternatives.

Last edited by parkher; 11-28-2018 at 08:11 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:46 AM   #34
gbgbgb
gbgbgb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Is the Boox Gulliver available for sale in the US?
Anyone got their hands on one? There's a price tag?

Spec-wise Gulliver seems like the Note minus sound (no speakers/microphone/mp3/wav) though still weighing the same 325gr.
gbgbgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:23 AM   #35
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
Great!
If it doesn't connect to Google, that would be one of THE reasons for me to buy it!
the "activate google play" button is piss take.

looking in the apps page it can be seen that the device is sending tons of data to google.
deactivatin and stopping the google apps has only effect (if at all) uo to the next reboot
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2018, 07:03 AM   #36
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Is there a way to permanently deactivate the google shit on the device?
Do I have to root the device for that?
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #37
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Small question. Is there any reason to use a screen protector with note+? Is it possible to scratch the glass with the pen?
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:20 PM   #38
bobbyy
bobbyy began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Onyx Boox Note+
Quote:
Originally Posted by crAss View Post
Small question. Is there any reason to use a screen protector with note+? Is it possible to scratch the glass with the pen?
Theoretically it's not possible to scratch the glass with the pen, but if you want more of a paperlike experience when it comes to writing on the Note+, you could get a matte protector on there
bobbyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #39
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
I have Note, and I think the main advantage of it is the flexible screen - for the first time I feel completely relaxed, not afraid to break the screen. Until now all my readers had glass screens.

Now I need a second one. I am very suspicious of Note Plus.
Note Plus has glass on top of the screen, so there is danger of cracking it or breaking, and with such a big 10.3" screen, it really should be super rigid (with heavy metal frame?) to avoid cracking the screen.
I think the main advantage of the flexible screen is gone.

It is a very expensive reader with a big glass surface and with it you cannot afford to doze off when reading.
Correct me if I'm wrong?
As to this Boyue Mimas thing: do I understand it correctly that it has the same flexible screen and no glass, even though with the front light?
The memory card up to 128 GB and buttons - the must have things for me, so I am very interested...
I didn't see any responses to this poster's questions. I would like to buy either the Boyue Mimas or the upcoming Boox Note Pro because I have beem waiting a long time for a large screen eReader with note-taking capabilities, speakers, and most of all a front-light that can be changed to warm light at night. I am so excited that I will finally be able to buy one of these very soon!

Anyway... from what I have read, these will both have the mobius screens, which I believe are flexible (right?), with a piece of glass on top of the flexible screen so that the front-lighting will work and to prevent scratching the screen. Is that correct? If so, what does that mean for durability? Is the glass Gorilla Glass, and if so, that should hold up pretty well, no? Any special concerns buyers should be aware of?

These units look great in the videos I've seen and the lighting looks very nice and even. I am so grateful that the front-lighting feature is being included. its absence has been a deal-breaker for me with the Max2 and Boox Note not only because I would primarily use it at night, but even in daylight I need the increased contrast the lowest light setting provides.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #40
Eyex97
Eyex97 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Which one has a whiter screen? The Boox Note or the Note Plus?
Eyex97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #41
general_public
general_public began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note+
So I got the Note+ and I think there is a bit of glare on it, but I'm slowly getting used to it. There's two things really, to get used to the eInk screen and the slowness of it, and to get used to adjusting the reader physically so you don't get any glare. Once you get used to this it's not that much of a problem. Since the screen angle doesn't actually matter as it does on an LCD-screen it's not that big deal. Still I wish I could have tried the Note without the glass screen to compare. I'll be getting a lamp to it as well, I need to be able to read it in bed.
general_public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:49 PM   #42
tommyer
Connoisseur
tommyer began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62ml; boox note
Is it not true that
a) glass, which seems to be added to the Boox Note+ („flush screen“), makes it much more susceptible to break after, for example, a fall than the first generation Boox Note?
b) the Boox Note and the Boox Note+ are in every respect the same except for said glass which has been added to the BN+?
c) the glass will make using the stylus less comfortable?
d) the glass will be more prone to reflect some light than without it (someone mentioned „glaring“)?
e) the often reported scratches from the stylus with the Boox Note can be avoided by using a screen protector (if you are carefull enough to apply it correctly which is manageable) with a price ranging from 10 to 15€?
f) glass makes the device heavier?

If the answer to all these questions, and especially b) among them, is yes, it is, at least to my mind, very clear which device is better (given that you want to use the stylus, that is).

God, I love the proper decision-making process of buying a Boox e-reader. I could buy the BN+ second hand right now, but probably I won‘t.
tommyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyc boox note, onyx boox note plus