Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-21-2015, 06:38 AM   #1
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
Multiple classes compatibility

I'm often using multiple classes in case like:
Code:
<p class="topspace right">
or similar, up to 6/7 classes.

ADE and Kindle seem to handle this properly, but can I run into compatibility issues?

senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
I have never exceeded 2 classes.

In the case of 6/7 classes, is that things are working properly with real eReaders as Kobo (or other)?

As a precaution I would tend, but with no rationale, to not exceed 2 or 3 classes, but if this works!
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
While this is valid coding, I prefer the slightly more bloated KISS version.
that merges the attributes of both topspace and right into its own class.

So much easier to follow (debug). Tweak one and you no break-a somethn' elsewhere
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:06 AM   #4
quellen
quellen began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad/Kobo Aura
FBReader and CoolReader can't manage multiple classes.
quellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:59 AM   #5
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
Thanks to you all.
I'm going to change my routine
senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quellen View Post
FBReader and CoolReader can't manage multiple classes.
But they've always been broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote