Notices

Old 12-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #451
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I've used Georgia and others, but lately have stuck with Deja Vu Serif E-Ink and make it a little bolder on the KOA2. Semi Bold might be a nice option for a font that has it. Thanks.
Add to this great feedback, the font Polski Courier. It's really dark and it pops in a great vintage way. Feels just like an old 40's typewriter but lots of pop and contrast. Like the very best fried chicken, extra crisp!!! It looks phenomenal on all e-readers, be it Oasis' or Likebooks.

https://www.dafont.com/courier-polski-1941.font
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #452
jscris
Addict
jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, Boyue T80s, Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Ahh, the remote page turn is very nice. Likebook has the swap inversion too with the black back white text if you like that feature. The autopage turn is pretty incredible, especially if you use MoonReader's pixel scroll. That way you're not losing text of an entire page and instead only have scrolling text rising and you can adjust it with swiping up or down to slow it to a very very slow crawl to a speedy autoscroll.
Well, that might be interesting! Something I haven't tried yet.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #453
jscris
Addict
jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.jscris is the One.

Quote:
Add to this great feedback, the font Polski Courier. It's really dark and it pops in a great vintage way. Feels just like an old 40's typewriter but lots of pop and contrast. Like the very best fried chicken, extra crisp!!! It looks phenomenal on all e-readers, be it Oasis' or Likebooks.

https://www.dafont.com/courier-polski-1941.font
The old fabric ribbon manual typewriter!
Old 12-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #454
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Well, that might be interesting! Something I haven't tried yet.
Add one of those 15 dollar tablet holder flexible arms by your bedside. A lazy-reader's dream. It's a pretty amazing way to fall asleep reading in the winter, under blankets, the auto-scroll doing its thing (just remember to pick "pixel by pixel" that way it's fluid and smooth), your arms tucked under the blankets or pillow and the tablet hanging right at your eye line. That feature alone makes the Likebook worth it (especially if you're from the school that doesn't like reading LCD screens for longform or reading anything other than real books or e-ink in the dark)

A second option for the lazy reader/dreamers is to connect a bluetooth mouse and just use it to click page turns. I've done that for the native reading app reading horizontally. For true ease though, pixel by pixel auto-scroll. Trust me on this one.

Last edited by feelmaroon; 12-07-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:41 PM   #455
jscris
Addict

Quote:
Add one of those 15 dollar tablet holder flexible arms by your bedside. A lazy-reader's dream. It's a pretty amazing way to fall asleep reading in the winter, tucked under blankets, the auto-scroll doing its thing (just remember to pick "pixel by pixel" that way it's fluid and smooth), your arms tucked under the blankets or pillow and the tablet hanging right at your eye line. That feature alone makes the Likebook worth it (especially if you're from the school that doesn't like reading LCD screens for longform or reading anything other than real books or e-ink in the dark)
Bluetooth remote works from under the blanket, too.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:38 PM   #456
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Bluetooth remote works from under the blanket, too.
haha. indeed. i tried that method and it was pretty good. especially if you have someone (lover) or something (animal) that is next to you where you can't wholly submit to autoscroll... give that autoscroll a shot though. it's like a nighttime star wars intro crawl of any book you want.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #457
Lparsons21
Enthusiast
Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPad mini 4
I’ve been mostly reading with Scribd on the Mars and it works quite well. But the Kindle app is a bit problematic with font sizing. When I change font size it changes quite a bit, going from something smaller than I like to something much, much bigger.

Checked on my Voyage, other lcd Android devices and iPad, and this isn’t true for all of them. Almost acts like it is jumping more than one step.

Anyone have ideas on changing that behavior?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:35 PM   #458
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
I’ve been mostly reading with Scribd on the Mars and it works quite well. But the Kindle app is a bit problematic with font sizing. When I change font size it changes quite a bit, going from something smaller than I like to something much, much bigger.

Checked on my Voyage, other lcd Android devices and iPad, and this isn’t true for all of them. Almost acts like it is jumping more than one step.

Anyone have ideas on changing that behavior?

That's the bad thing about Kindle on any platform. I've always had the big jump in font sizes no matter what device I use.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #459
Lparsons21
Enthusiast
Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.Lparsons21 got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
That's the bad thing about Kindle on any platform. I've always had the big jump in font sizes no matter what device I use.

Just checked on both my iPad Mini and Asus Android tablet, on both the jump was bigger than on the Voyage but not nearly as big a jump as on the Mars.

But I’ve fiddled around and found that the bold font works well enough.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #460
fduniho
Connoisseur
fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Touch, Fire & DX; Rooted Nook ST; Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
I've noticed the same thing. On my Likebook Mars and my Kindle Fire, there are 12 font sizes available, and there is a huge increase in size between the 7th font size and the 8th. On my iPad 2, there are 18 sizes available, and there doesn't seem to be a huge increase in size from one size to the next. I was going to test my Toshiba Thrive, but it is too slow, and I gave up on it. I do not know what can be done about this short of complaining to Amazon in the hopes that they will fix it. Ideally, I would like to be able to specify the font point size like I do with Moon+Reader.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:56 PM   #461
crane3
Addict
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab Pro 8.4, Aura ONE
Using Moon+, I don't see a big jump in font size selections. Sometimes I do see a "big" jump in font size for different books.

I just installed the nook app & it won't run as the screen pops up & say the video won't run. Don't know about the 'nook for android' as that required a B&N account to run.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #462
Lparsons21
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Using Moon+, I don't see a big jump in font size selections. Sometimes I do see a "big" jump in font size for different books.

I just installed the nook app & it won't run as the screen pops up & say the video won't run. Don't know about the 'nook for android' as that required a B&N account to run.
The Nook for Android won’t work either. The only way to read Nook books is using Nook for web in the browser.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #463
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post

What's the difference between the nook app and nook for Android? I thought it was the same thing.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #464
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Where can buy the Likebook mars? My friend live in US.
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #465
Lparsons21
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennell View Post
Where can buy the Likebook mars? My friend live in US.
Amazon