Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
bongorash
Enthusiast
bongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura 1, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Create Virtual Library of Books not Read

I want to create a virtual library of books that I have not read yet, including those that are partially read but not those that are finished. I have been playing around with various search expressions but am stuck. I have the Kobo Utilities plugin that I use for my Kobo and when syncing to my reader it fills in the 'Reading Status' and the 'Kobo Read Percentage' columns.

So the 'Reading Status' column currently shows either Finished, Reading or blank in that column and the Kobo Read Percentage shows either 100 or the percent read or blank if the book is totally unread.

This is where I am struggling to construct a search query using either of these 2 columns: I can get a list of all finished books by searching for #readstatus:"Finished"
but cannot work out how to do the opposite ie 'not finished' as I would need to search for #readstatus: Reading or blank - how do I do this?

Or is there an easier way of creating this virtual library ?

Any help would be appreciated (bearing in mind I am an inexperienced user of calibre!!)
bongorash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
not #readstatus:Finished
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
bongorash
Enthusiast
bongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy bluebongorash can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura 1, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Thank you - that works great. It's easy when you know what you're doing !!
bongorash is offline   Reply With Quote