Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Lightbulb Contentlister Enhancement

Well that was a short ride...

I got the SH hack to do its own icon in 2.8. I'll put together a SED script akin to the one I did for the shell hack to hack in the icon (hack on the hack?)

Maybe iRex can then upgrade the shell access package to add the icon.

Back to the short ride...

I thought this was going to get me to be able to release RTF et al... But alas contentlister still doesn't do the manifest.xml trick. No manifest.xml no last read page, no scribble etc...

I'm wondering if iRex would be up for this enhancement:

[RTF]
category=viewer
arguments=<FILENAME>
exec=/usr/bin/irtf
xResourceName=rtf
channel=15
extensions=rtf;RTF
createManifest=yes
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:34 AM   #2
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
That "createManifest" was indeed the way I was planning on doing this. It's on my list and it is my plan to put it into one of the next releases (my list is quite large).
The transparent allocation of new IPC channels based on the registry info is directly below that.

If anyone of you provides me with an updated shell-hack-install package, including icon, I'll gladly use it.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs
(my list is quite large).
You're kidding - with this noisy group adding 10 ideas a day?

Great job to you and the team in, and out, of iRex. I'm using the Iliad nearly every day and having fun watching it develop into something even better.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs
That "createManifest" was indeed the way I was planning on doing this. It's on my list and it is my plan to put it into one of the next releases (my list is quite large).
Well there you have it folks. When he can get this added you'll have RTF, DJVU and Graphic Novel viewers.

Of course if iRex posted the source I'd be happy to help make it happen sooner.

Last edited by scotty1024; 12-15-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
doctorwes
doctorwes began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
DJVU would be great. For example, there are a lot of old mathematics books that are only available in DJVU. (Even when there are scans available in PDF format, they are huge.) Same with old newspaper archives. So this would be a big step forward for me.

If we ever get full-text search, it would be great if that worked with DJVU files with OCR, one day.
doctorwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Whats stopping you posting yours...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Guys, can you get together some time and resolve this issue? Somehow the constant bickering between you two is getting on my nerves!

Scotty, how about a reply to Jaed's constant "source-requests"? Maybe then we'll be safe from the constant little animosity between the two of you.

Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
scotty1024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Guys, can you get together some time and resolve this issue? Somehow the constant bickering between you two is getting on my nerves!
Who is jaed? I don't see any comments from anyone by that name.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #10
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a joke or not... anyway, here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Quote:
Whats stopping you posting yours...?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Scotty, how about a reply to Jaed's constant "source-requests"? Maybe then we'll be safe from the constant little animosity between the two of you.
There's no animosity between myself and Scotty...! I just think it strange if someone asks for one parties source-code yet is reticent in providing their own... The secondary point is that if rtf/cbr/djvu code was shared then they could perhaps be implemented seperately...

Last edited by jęd; 12-15-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #12
jęd
Evangelist

Quote:
Someone's lamp light must have blown out...!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Say, if he's blacked out ... how's he posting to MR?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
maybe he's put you on ignore list...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #15
jęd
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Say, if he's blacked out ... how's he posting to MR?
I'm guessing that he's ported Firefox to the iliad and is posting from that... He has to be careful what to reply to though... 'Cos the batteries running out...!