Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 05:50 AM   #1
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Date and Time

The user guide says if you go to settings from the main menu you can change the date & time (among other things).

But I don't see it. Does anyone know if this is not implemented yet, or if it is automatic?
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Havent seen it to be configurable.
Set mine manually, since it sometime changed to some unreasonable date. Why i dont know.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

How do you set manually? I couldn't find out how to get there.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

via root access
Old 07-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
VillageReader
Evangelist

That's cheating.
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Yes it is. And for now, it doesnt work anymore anyway.
But i put it on the softwarelist
Old 08-01-2006, 01:24 AM   #7
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I vote it should set the date/time each time it connects to the IDS, and the IDS should have a GPS clock.

Any Iliad that doesn't visit the IDS is a rogue Iliad right?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:53 AM   #8
VillageReader
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I vote it should set the date/time each time it connects to the IDS, and the IDS should have a GPS clock.

Any Iliad that doesn't visit the IDS is a rogue Iliad right?
Well, except that if and when Mobipocket is available and I get a library download it will use date & time to verify the expiration. Not certain but that is probably geared to the system clock and I don't know if it will like using GMT. As a minimum, my books would expire five hours earlier so I need to read faster
Old 08-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Most linuxen run GMT system clocks and you then set your timezone to get local time.

If Irex established the standard for the Iliad then Mobipocket would fall in step with all other developers.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
VillageReader
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Most linuxen run GMT system clocks and you then set your timezone to get local time.

If Irex established the standard for the Iliad then Mobipocket would fall in step with all other developers.
Well, exactly. I know there must be a clock. Just needs to be set to local time. I'm sure it still takes the reference from GMT.

(A an aside, if you need better computer reference time, see http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/)
Old 08-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #11
snoopy
Power User
snoopy doesn't littersnoopy doesn't littersnoopy doesn't litter

Device: Irex ILIAD / Hiebook
I have a little HTML-Page that shows Date and Time (UTC and Systemtime).
Attached Files
File Type: zip timeinfo.zip (897 Bytes, 482 views)
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote