Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Calibre is creating unwanted collections

Ok, now that I have my PDF issue resolved I have noticed that Calibre keeps creating unwanted collections and putting them on my Sony 505 when ever I send books from it to my device. It usually makes a couple dozen collections (Bartenders, Yucatan Peninsula, Thrillers, etc.) and puts them in whatever location that I send the books to...I can't figure out why it is doing this or how to keep it from happening and I am getting tired of deleting these extra collections off of the device every time.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Never mind, I figured it out...apparently when I downloaded the metadata it included a bunch of tags which created the collections when I sent the books...I'll just have to pay better attention to detail next time.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
The book meta data probably contains 'tags' and those translate into collectons. I always look through the tags column before sending books to the reader. You can justdouble click on the cell in the booklist view to edit the tags (I seem to recall F2 works too)

Edit:
I see you figured it out.
June is offline   Reply With Quote