Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
Calibre headless on a ARM device/what is needed to run recipes?

Ideally, I would like to automatize downloading certain recipes so that my computer where calibre is installed would not have to be used at all. I would not mind alternatives to calibre that can run Calibre recipes, but I am not sure anything like that exists.

I have a lede/openwrt server at home and I would like to install calibre on it. However, it seems complicated. First, the server has ARM architecture, so I would need to compile it myself. Then it seems I need QT (which is not compiled for LEDE) even though I would not be running any of the GUI stuff.

Has anyone found a way to do this? I have seen a lot of people interested in running calibre headless on ARM.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since there's no QT, you are out of luck.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since there's no QT, you are out of luck.
Are there any plans to make calibre more modular? SO the dependency on QT would be optional? All I need is a functionak ebook-convert command...
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre is modular as it is.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Qt is needed for ebook-convert. And there are plenty of calibre builds for ARM available, inclufing Qt. See ArchLinuxArm or Raspbian.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert