Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
JulienDym
JulienDym began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Sony Touch Edition
toc.ncx problems in SIGIL

I'm totally baffled...

The generate Table of Contents button in SIGIL just stopped working for me, when I press it, instead of creating a toc.ncx file from my headings it just hangs the program until I press ESC, and the toc.ncx is still only the generic "Start".
I tried redoing epubs I had done before where SIGIL did generate a proper toc.ncx, but it still doesn't work.
I uninstalled SIGIL and reinstalled, and still no change.
I uninstalled and installed the latest 0.9.8 version, and it still doesn't work...
I've done hundreds of epubs with SIGIL generating a toc.ncx from the headings without any problem... and suddenly nothing?

Can anybody offer any help at what might be wrong?
JulienDym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What "Generate Table of Contents" button? There's a menu item, or a keyboard shortcut, but no button that I know of. Does selecting the menu item launch the dialog that allows you to choose which headers you want to include in the TOC? Or do you not even get that far?

Keep in mind that if you're working on an EPUB3, Generate Table of Contents alters the NAV document (nav.xhtml) and not the NCX (toc.ncx).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Here's the button. Although I haven't experienced the OP's problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	158002  
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please check which file you have set for the toc by looking in the guide items in the opf.
We had one bug report where a guide item listed the toc as the inly book text file and not a separate file which causes problems. Also please let us know if this is epub2 or epub3.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Here's the button. Although I haven't experienced the OP's problem.
Ah, thanks. Sometimes I'm just button-blind when I've been doing things a certain way for so long.

The rest of my post is still relevant, I guess: does the dialog to choose which headers to include launch or not?

In addition to what KevinH mentioned ...

Perhaps the dialog is launching on a second monitor that's no longer turned on/or being used? That could make it seem like it's hanging.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-19-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #6
JulienDym
JulienDym began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Sony Touch Edition
Am I dim-witted or what?

That's exactly it... the dialog was launching on a second monitor which was shut off....

Thanks DiapDealer... Grand Sorcerer indeed!
JulienDym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

All's well that ends well. Glad it was an easy fix!