Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Evthymios
Evthymios began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight, Kindle Paperwhite v1
Mass conversion issues

I have a huge library of books (over 8000) in RTF format. I want to convert them to EPUB, to use them with a Nook. After some tests, I setup my conversion parameters accordingly, and started a mass conversions.

I am satisfyied by the results, except that at some point the mass conversion failed with an error. No problem with that - except that I can't do a 'resume', but only a fresh new restart, which gives me duplicates (EPUB and ORIGINAL_EPUB).

1. Is there any way to resume a mass conversion, after some unwanted break? Or, at least, to select only the non-converted-to-EPUB books?
2. Is there any way to batch remove duplicated EPUB files from Calibre library?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Evthymios; 02-25-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Evthymios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can do a search using something like:
Quote:
not formats:epub
to find books which do not have an associated epub file.

If you want to remove the ORIGINAL_EPUB format then select all books and use the option to delete a specified format - the ORIGINAL_EPUB will show up as a format you can delete.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Evthymios
Evthymios began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight, Kindle Paperwhite v1
Oh, it seems to work! Much obliged!

I wondered also if there's an easy way to manage metadata (mass removing some mismatched covers autodownloaded by Calibre)...

And only one side question: is there any way to change the TEMP directory other than setting it up in Windows as an environment variable?
Evthymios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evthymios View Post
And only one side question: is there any way to change the TEMP directory other than setting it up in Windows as an environment variable?
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cust...ment-variables
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote