Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Why not just email the book to the Kindle Android app? That's what I do. Not only does it sync last read but bookmarks, notes and highlights too.

You can also use Send to Kindle desktop applet to upload the book which bypasses email and uploads it straight to Amazon's servers.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
jakewoodblues
jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
New update, same problem. Emailing books doesn't work. I
I just got off the phone with a couple of Amazon reps. They are aware of the problem and say that they are working on it (Dunno why they haven't been able to fix it in 3 updates tho). They have told me that this is not due to any policy changes at Amazon & that the sync for side loaded books is still supposed to work.

/shrug
As my Uncle Sam used to say: we shall see what we shall see
jakewoodblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #33
currymonster
currymonster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
And another update (4.2) yesterday and it still don't work
currymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #34
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymonster View Post
And another update (4.2) yesterday and it still don't work
And added the time left to finish the chapter. Kind of ruins the reading experience for me.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
And added the time left to finish the chapter. Kind of ruins the reading experience for me.
Does it not behave the same as a "real" Kindle? Tap the reading time indicator to show or hide it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #36
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does it not behave the same as a "real" Kindle? Tap the reading time indicator to show or hide it?
Yes, it can be hidden.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #37
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
You can too. Thanks Harry, real wealth of info. Appreciate it.

Ok, you can hide the time left in chapter etc, but syncing still doesn't work for side-loaded books.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #38
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Why not just email the book to the Kindle Android app? That's what I do. Not only does it sync last read but bookmarks, notes and highlights too.

You can also use Send to Kindle desktop applet to upload the book which bypasses email and uploads it straight to Amazon's servers.
I do this also. It's so easy with Andriod devices. If you have your books in dropbox, just go to the dropbox app - Get to the mobi file you want to read, tap on the arrow on the right then tap on export. From there you can send to Kindle and it will upload to the Amazon servers and the device you chose. It will then sync between all your devices.

Nicole

Last edited by nickinev; 08-18-2013 at 10:38 AM.
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickinev View Post
I do this also. It's so easy with Andriod devices. If you have your books in dropbox, just go to the dropbox app - Get to the mobi file you want to read, tap on the arrow on the right then tap on export. From there you can send to Kindle and it will upload to the Amazon servers and the device you chose. It will then sync between all your devices.

Nicole
I do that too when I am not near a computer I use my phone this way.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #40
GaidinBDJ
GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Hey, has anyone updated and tried it lately? I know there has been a few updates since the problem popped up, but I never bothered to go through the trouble of upgrading after the first few didn't fix it and I had to revert.
GaidinBDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's worth upgrading regardless, because the latest upgrade adds reading time, which is extremely useful.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I can't even get the new version to work on Gingerbread. It crippled my tablet. I guess it's back to Mantano.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #43
GaidinBDJ
GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GaidinBDJ , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
It's worth upgrading regardless, because the latest upgrade adds reading time, which is extremely useful.
That would be nice, but broken sync is a dealbreaker for me. I was trying to see if anybody who originally had the problem has upgraded and has it fixed.
GaidinBDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #44
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Still not working in today's update. So stuck on Android 4.2 and Kindle 4.0.2.1. In order to have sync working for my side loaded books. This version also doesn't work with android 4.3. Keep hoping that Amazon will fix this soon.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote