Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #2806
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You probably want to keep a backup of anything like that, unless you don't care if your other settings get lost (which at least for me wouldn't be a very big disaster — I change only a few defaults). The simplest way to create a backup is simply to make a copy (e.g., Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+V). On most operating systems you'll then get a file like "settings.reader (copy).lua". I prefer to rename such a file to something slightly more meaningful, like settings.reader.lua.bck20170810

In any case, the important thing is you have something that works which you can restore if things go horribly wrong.

Once you have a backup, in this case you can probably just delete the relevant line to reset the orientation to its default value.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:08 AM   #2807
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Regarding reading books in landscape mode and filemanager...

When I open the book either through "History" or "Open last document", and then switch to file manager, the file manager is also shown in lanscape mode.

If I instead open the same book either through the file manager (it doesn't matter if the file manager is in portrait or landscape mode) or automatically when I start my E-reader, and then switch to file manager, the file manager is instead shown in portrait mode.

I suppose it's not meant to be like this. Is this a known issue?

(I have Kobo Aura One (Nickel version 4.3.9845)).
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 04:00 AM   #2808
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
Regarding reading books in landscape mode and filemanager...

When I open the book either through "History" or "Open last document", and then switch to file manager, the file manager is also shown in lanscape mode.

If I instead open the same book either through the file manager (it doesn't matter if the file manager is in portrait or landscape mode) or automatically when I start my E-reader, and then switch to file manager, the file manager is instead shown in portrait mode.

I suppose it's not meant to be like this. Is this a known issue?

(I have Kobo Aura One (Nickel version 4.3.9845)).
Yes, it's a known issue, but considered to be a non-issue for the time being https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-282171070
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #2809
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
For me, the orientation of the File Manager/Browser would get changed to landscape only when needed, to see more of a long file name. Otherwise I would want it in portrait mode, to have the most files listed on the page. Being able to switch back and forth could come in handy, in the browser, whereas a change while in the reader would last the whole book.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #2810
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
When you long-press the current Portrait/Landscape buttons, it asks confirmation to set that mode as the default. I think this rotates the entire app.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #2811
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
When you long-press the current Portrait/Landscape buttons, it asks confirmation to set that mode as the default. I think this rotates the entire app.
I've found a new issue here. If you longpress the landscape button like above, the new books that you then open vill rotate clock-wise despite having set
DLANDSCAPE_CLOCKWISE_ROTATION = false in the "Advanced Settings".

Last edited by gerhaher; 08-22-2017 at 04:54 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #2812
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The good news is there's already an issue: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3002

The bad news is that I don't see anything obviously wrong here.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #2813
Name28
Enthusiast
Name28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo_glo, Kobo_glo_HD
Hello,
Thank you very much for such a wonderful application. However, I have some problems and questions. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.
I use koreader for about 2years. It worked great and all. I should mention that I always powered off my Kobo Glo, after I finished reading, using this method by tshering (thanks a lot for him). Yesterday I updated koreader and kobo start menu (both updated to the latest available versions and patch for KSM 08 was also installed). As I see, many things changed during these 2 years.
Issues I have:
1. I tried to use power off both from KSM and Koreader. In both cases, after shutting down, when turn the device on, nickel starts. If I power off nickel, KSM starts. Do not know what to do… I need KSM to be started every time I turn the device on. Could you help me?
2. I tried to modify koreader.sh according to tshering’s method (he advised it 2 years ago). No result. The same thing happens as I wrote above.
3. The way I would like the device to work as follows: When I turn it on, KSM starts and then auto open of koreader. Koreader opens on the last book opened book. Could you please, help me to do necessary changes to make it work as I wrote.
Sorry for a long post, and thank you so much.
Name28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #2814
Frenzie
Wizard

1. By default KSM alternates in case something goes wrong. You can make KSM the default in "tools" > "activate" > "set runmenu settings.msh" > "always"

2. KOReader now includes it's own poweroff device action, so you can just tap on that.

3. I don't know off the top of my head how to best auto-start KOReader from KSM.

Last edited by Frenzie; 08-24-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #2815
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your #3 is how I have mine set. You the "Auto select" option in KSM. You can set the delay before the autoselection, as well. (You want a delay in case you want to break into the startup process, for some reason.)

In /.adds/kbmenu/usersettings.txt I have:

## auto select
ksmAutoselectafter=5
ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader
## you can autoselect any entry of the ksm home screen (except "reboot" and "power_off"
## examples:
# ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader

The ## lines are comments, the other two are the settings.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-25-2017, 03:31 AM   #2816
Alanon
Connoisseur
Alanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hello! First, a quick thank you for the absolutely wonderful app! I'm using the latest firmware on my Aura One, with some patches, with KSM 08 and its patch, and KOReader (latest nightly from August). Without this reader, I don't think my Kobo would be worth it.

Now, I seem to have stumbled upon some problems reading files. From what I see, there are some letters and symbols KOReader can't read? At first, I thought there was some bug, but they all open just fine on my PC. Then I thought it's just some fluke with badly put together files, as KOReader usually crashed on them. But then it dawned on me that it might be the filenames themselves.

Basically, it's a definite problem with Russian Cyrillic script (or perhaps any Cyrillic script, but Russian was on-hand), but also with files that have other symbols, like an apostrophe ( ’ ) in some authors' names. While it's not a big deal, as I can and have renamed the files, there is something wrong about having to Latinize Cyrillic script titles. It seems strange that this should happen, and I keep thinking I might have missed something?

Cheers!
Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #2817
Name28
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
1. By default KSM alternates in case something goes wrong. You can make KSM the default in "tools" > "activate" > "set runmenu settings.msh" > "always"
Thanks for response. I do not know why, but it does not work. I pushed "always" and nothing happens. I mean, even after powering off, and turn the device on, it still alternates. Anyway, I did it manually on "runsettings.txt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Your #3 is how I have mine set. You the "Auto select" option in KSM. You can set the delay before the autoselection, as well. (You want a delay in case you want to break into the startup process, for some reason.)

In /.adds/kbmenu/usersettings.txt I have:

## auto select
ksmAutoselectafter=5
ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader
## you can autoselect any entry of the ksm home screen (except "reboot" and "power_off"
## examples:
# ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader

The ## lines are comments, the other two are the settings.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you so much! There is no "usersettings.txt" file in there, instead I modified "runsettings.txt" on the same location. I added "runmenu=always" for disabling alternation and it works.
But it seems that "ksmAutoselectafter=5" and “ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader" do not work. Koreader does not auto start, instead in 20sec nickel loads. Could you help?

Last edited by Name28; 08-25-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo (runsettings.txt)
Old 08-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #2818
Ken Maltby
Wizard

You could try adjusting the delay, I would try 8 or 10 seconds.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-25-2017, 10:32 PM   #2819
Name28
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You could try adjusting the delay, I would try 8 or 10 seconds.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you. I did as you say, but no result. I even created file "usersettings.txt" and write in there. Why is that? It is kind of basic functions that should be, but I can not make it work? Even I could not koreader to open last file.... Every time it opens onboard directory.... What did I miss? Is there something like FAQ here?
Old 08-25-2017, 11:19 PM   #2820
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name28 View Post
Thank you so much! There is no "usersettings.txt" file in there, instead I modified "runsettings.txt" on the same location. I added "runmenu=always" for disabling alternation and it works.
But it seems that "ksmAutoselectafter=5" and “ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader" do not work. Koreader does not auto start, instead in 20sec nickel loads. Could you help?
Please set ksmAutoselectoption and ksmAutoselectafter with the help of "configure." If you need other values for ksmAutoselectafte as are offered by the configuration menu, you can add them yourself. See this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote