Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
New Sony Firmware for PRS-T1 to Fix Problems

For Windows: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...PC_v1003_11140
For MAC: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...AC_v1003_11140

Quote:
Improvements

This update addresses the following issues:

Improved touch panel functionality
Improved stability when searching the dictionary
An Internet connectivity problem which only appears under certain conditions is fixed.
Improved DRM contents compatibility

Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.

Sony is offering a firmware update for the Sony Reader PRS-T1. This utility updates the firmware to version 1.0.03.11140.
This is the firmware promised by Sony to fix the touch screen issues with the PRS-T1.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Don't see it on the the US version of the site. Do I need to worry about differences?
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160340
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I downloaded and installed the U.S. version last night.

In order to do so you will probably need to have the Reader of PC/Mac software installed and updated to the latest version.

Once I connected my T1 it immediately said there was a new firmware available.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post

In order to do so you will probably need to have the Reader of PC/Mac software installed and updated to the latest version.

Thanks for that information. I could not find the firmware at the US site to download. One thing I think would be a difference would be the date format if anything. Unless it's changeable in settings.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I updated with the UK version. All i needed was the update file posted above.

Good news: It didn't affect the hacks on my unit.
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...-not-affected/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Thanks Nate for this info.
I was afraid the update would wipe the hack, so that's good news. I just updated mine and it went flawlessly.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I'm updating right now. I think the fool software program though started to sync with my device - which I hate. Too late now, but was there a way to do with without using the Reader for PC?

Hoping to save headaches for the next person...

OMG it just finished!! It deleted every single one of my books off my device!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go and cry now!!

Have I said lately how much I despise Sony's software???

Last edited by Shopaholic; 12-09-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
nosnoop
Enthusiast
nosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks for that information. I could not find the firmware at the US site to download. One thing I think would be a difference would be the date format if anything. Unless it's changeable in settings.
Another thing, do US and UK versions have different dictionaries? Would firmware change it?

The filename has no regional identification, so I suspect that they would use the same firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Does it save a copy of the firmware on the PC? I wonder if it needs to re-download if I have multiple T1 to update.
nosnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
Thanks Nate for this info.
I was afraid the update would wipe the hack, so that's good news. I just updated mine and it went flawlessly.
Whoops. It turns out that the update broke the hack in subtle ways. But I did manage to revert to the original and then reinstall the hack.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
OMG it just finished!! It deleted every single one of my books off my device!!!!!!!!!!
Bummer

My update went without a hitch. Let's see if it's fixed the screen issues (so far so good).

I've even managed to find a Windows PC so I've -finally- managed to register the bleeping device with Adobe and now I can check out eBooks from my library *happy*

Cheers,
- Micha.
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Does it save a copy of the firmware on the PC? I wonder if it needs to re-download if I have multiple T1 to update.
I checked my downloads folder in Windows and did not see that they had saved the firmware to my hard drive.

I suspect if you have to update multiple T1s, the Reader for PC software will download each time.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
It wasn't the update. It was the blasted Sony software auto-syncing. I only have one Synced collection - the Sony User Guide so naturally it deleted everything else.

I wished I had read everything first to learn I could have sideloaded the update. It would have saved me a great deal of work & frustration fixing the darn thing back to what it was.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
What's the "Improved DRM contents compatibility" mean?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Some ebooks with extended DRM-rights for printing and copying didn't work when syncing with the PC-software. That update should solve it.

As far as I know this was an issue mainly with ebooks from ciando (German).
cme is offline   Reply With Quote