Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What will you do with your Netflix subscription given the price increase?
I will leave my subscription plan unchanged 18 28.57%
I will cancel DVDs-by-mail and keep the streaming 13 20.63%
I will get fewer DVDs-by-mail and keep the streaming 4 6.35%
I will cancel the streaming and keep the DVDs-by-mail 0 0%
I don’t subscribe to Netflix 25 39.68%
I will cancel my Netflix subscription entirely 3 4.76%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Will you cancel your Netflix?

Will you cancel your Netflix?
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
I forgot to add "I will cancel my Netflix subscription entirely."
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I only have steaming right now (canceled DVD's a while back) so nothing really changes for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I'm totally canceling the DVD portion. I rarely use it and in fact, kept a DVD from Christmas through April and the one I got in April didn't go back until yesterday. It just sits beside the DVD player waiting for me to take the time to watch it. I'm now motivated to finish my queue. There's only 30 dvds in in and we have until September 1 to cancel without the new subscription thing. I don't have to get through the whole queue, just a major portion of it.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I don't have Netflix, but I use my husband's account. I expect that he will keep his plan unchanged, since he actively uses both sources. He gets three discs at a time and occasionally uses one of the discs to get something for the kids or me and still be able to get his discs, so I think it unlikely that he would downgrade to a fewer disc plan. I really don't know what he is going to do; it's one of *his* things and I don't make him accountable. (Just like he doesn't know how much I spend on ebooks. )
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I just signed up, and my one month trial is still in effect, when it's time to renew it will be streaming only. Any DVD/BlueRays I want, I want to keep anyway, so I'll just buy them.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I never had the DVD portion, so nothing changes for me.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I only have steaming right now (canceled DVD's a while back) so nothing really changes for me.
Ditto
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
It is still an awesome deal even at double the new rate
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The price increase isn't the big deal people are making it out to be.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Netflix refuses to stream to Japan, to say nothing of actually sending disks. I guess it's too difficult to reach all the way across the Pacific with electricity...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I have no clue what Netflix is.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
macdonald79
macdonald79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Frankly, I'm amazed Netflix was able to stay in business charging such low prices. ISPs charge Netflix ridiculous fees (for no good reason) to send data over their networks (since they view Nextlix as a threat and are trying to destroy them). Netflix also has to huge pay hundreds of millions of dollars to movies studios and distributors in order to mainatin their library. I have no problem with Netflix raising my bill in order to pay their own.
macdonald79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
TonyR
Connoisseur
TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, Jetbook Lite, iPod Touch
Netflix still provides me with access to DVDs that aren't available streamed or at the one remaining local video store. The price increase is a extremely minor annoyance at worst, and this kid's leaving his plan (DVD & streaming) unchanged.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:49 AM   #15
AlbertinJ
AlbertinJ began at the beginning.

Device: none
I saw this news that talks about Netflix. In the news, they mentioned that the recent 60 percent Netflix price boost has enthusiasts of the streaming movie and DVDs by mail service upset, as the “Dear Netflix” Facebook page attests. Because of this, individuals are being forced to make the challenging activity choices. The most important thing is that they provide a good quality. With a little bit of calculation, you'll know which Netflix plan is best for you. Netflix still provides an amazing job, for me there's no problem with what they are trying to do with increasing their prices. I found this here:Surviving the Netflix price increase
AlbertinJ is offline   Reply With Quote