Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #46
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I've been manually shutting the process down because it slows down the IQ something fierce and eats up so many CPU cycles other apps and widgets (especially the PB Widget) start getting unresponsive at the OS level and I start getting the alert boxes.
Would you mind terribly enlightening me on how you do that? That would help me a lot. Just dumped my palm dvd on the SD card and that is somewhat slowing down the whole thing.

And yes, i will suggest to our GfK to have a look at the scanning process and tone it down somewhat if possible.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #47
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
In Settings > Application Management
You get two picks:
- Manage Applications (everybody uses that one)
- Running services
There it lists active apps and the threads they spawn plus how much memory they're using.
The hog appears under Pocketbook widget. I think its called booksources. (Not running right now.)
You tap on it and a dialog offers to stop it, along with the expected warning.

Hope I got it right.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #48
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
whats the best way to Read prc files?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #49
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
If you can, you should try Advanced Task Killer. It allows you to kill tasks manually, or it can kill tasks automatically following certain parameters, you can tell it to ignore certain apps so they don't get shut, and so on. It's the best task manager IMO.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #50
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
whats the best way to Read prc files?
So far, Kindle. Just copy them to Kindle folder. No muss, no fuss.
Even the bland Caecillia font looks decent on LCD.
So far, I've found no great way to read epubs.

Still looking.
Right now I'm fighting with Dolphin HD. I can't get rid of the bookmarks bar in landscape mode and I *know* I had it running without it before.
(Don't these developers believe in help files? )
This stuff is strictly for enthusiasts at this point...
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #51
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FJTorres:

Settings-> New tab configuration -> uncheck the "show bookmarks bar"
Old 12-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #52
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
FJTorres:

Settings-> New tab configuration -> uncheck the "show bookmarks bar"
I was using the version dropped into the App folder by the update and there's no "new tab configuration" in settings.
(At least I know I'm not misremembering being able to hide it.)
Okay, I dug out the version I grabbed off the Android freeware site and lo and behold, there it is. Along with all the options I remembered from before the update.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #53
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
So far, Kindle. Just copy them to Kindle folder. No muss, no fuss.
Even the bland Caecillia font looks decent on LCD.
So far, I've found no great way to read epubs.

Still looking.
Right now I'm fighting with Dolphin HD. I can't get rid of the bookmarks bar in landscape mode and I *know* I had it running without it before.
(Don't these developers believe in help files? )
This stuff is strictly for enthusiasts at this point...
i must have an older version of kindle as ive loaded files into the folder and it doesnt see them
Old 12-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #54
Dulin's Books
Wizard

oh hmm after doing the update and reloading my kindle app it works just fine
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #55
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Just a quick note for everyone not to forget to update AndExplorer with SlideMe (the have version 1.6 there)

Also SlideMe 4.0 works great on the IQ.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #56
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
How do you update an app? Do you just download and install the new version? I didn't see any other way to update.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #57
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
How do you update an app? Do you just download and install the new version? I didn't see any other way to update.
In the SlideMe 4.0, click the menu button and you will see "update" there. After clicking it, apps that need an update will come up.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #58
Logseman
Orisa

A small tip for Aldiko. You can create shortcuts for any of the books you have in Aldiko's database. This could be useful in case you read more than one book at the same time, for example

In order to use this feature, click on an empty zone of the home screen, and hold it for a second until a menu appears. Once it's done, choose "Shortcuts" and then "Aldiko ebook". This will launch Aldiko, which will prompt you to choose any one of your books. After you're finished, the book will appear as a direct shortcut in the menu screen.

Rinse and repeat if you want to show more books in the home screen.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #59
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
For those looking for alternative markets, I have tried a few more. AndAppStore & YAAM Market are working on the IQ (though you have to create an account on YAAM).

Also, Androlib is a great place to look for what apps are available for Android.

Man, I really wish we could have Android Market on the IQ out of the box... (not PB's fault, I know, but still frustrating).
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #60
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Google books for android!

Google Books for Android is now available, here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=863124

I installed it on my IQ but.... it showed nothing
I realized that it neads android 2.1 or higher version of OS.

Now this is another reason why I have to deadly wait for the 2.2 froyo upgrade.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote