Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
- - - -
Finally, if you decide to proceed with Duokan, plan to go elsewhere for support of your Kindle. The team that built Duokan incorporated software developed here with neither permission nor attribution. As such you can expect no assistance with that package.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Man View Post
I used Duokan before, and preferred it over kindle.
I just want better PDF reader with cropping, and epub support. Kindle doesn't give me these.
Translation:
So learn Chinese if you don't already know it.
The Doukan Project is now owned by: miui

Which is more or less dead. Well, the (vendor locked in) store is still open.
The new owner (miui) did not learn that the Doukan Project did not have the skills to create a jail break for the new models until after they had purchased the project. (we have a phrase for that: T.S.)
We (the developers here) just waited until Doukan went bust before announcing a new one.

Yes, you are in the wrong place for getting support for Doukan.

Last edited by knc1; 07-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #17
Philip Man
Philip Man began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I use k2pdfopt to preprocess any PDF documents I want to read and am happy with the results. I use Calibre to convert epub documents to AZW3 and hyphenate them and am also happy with the results.

Alternatively, looking at the K3 index under the master index, I see alternative reading environments FBreader, fbkindle and CoolReader 3 on kindle as offering epub support.

You might want to check these alternatives out and see if they work for you. If not, I wish you well and hope you can get the support you need for Duokan in their forums.

Dave
Thanks dhdurgee. I only wanted to get my kindle working again. Did not want to kickup a shxt storm regarding Dxxkxx. If I knew, I think I would not have mentioned it.
Philip Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #18
Philip Man

Looked at KOreader sticky, and it requires jailbreaking my kindle.
I am unable to set to usb downloader mode using 3.4.2.

This is the current road block.

Last edited by Philip Man; 07-19-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Looked at KOreader sticky, and it requires jailbreaking my kindle.
I am unable to set to usb downloader mode using 3.4.2.

This is the current road block.
This is a K3 -
You can connect to the serial port without even opening the device.
Once you get the 1.8volt - to - USB adapter connected and running, then we can find out what your problem is.
(most likely Dorkan left-overs - - it does not cleanly uninstall)

Note:
You DO NOT have to jailbreak the device to use Kbrick - you must have misread something.

Once again - use the "Where do I start?" sticky thread to locate the information on K3:SerialPort.

Return here once you have that adapter working.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #20
Philip Man

I have a kindle keyboard. I have also connected using serial.
This is my other thread regarding serial link and output.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=288555

Note, I said KOreader not Kubrick. Kubrick is to flash with a Jailbreak Firmware.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I have a kindle keyboard. I have also connected using serial.
This is my other thread regarding serial link and output.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=288555

Note, I said KOreader not Kubrick. Kubrick is to flash with a Jailbreak Firmware.
The end of that story looks to be:
Quote:
Got the recovery menu. My level shifter was too low on the 1.8V side.
Where you imply you have the serial port connection working.

But nothing to confirm that you have it working and have been able to now interrupt the auto-boot sequence.
Once you can report that, it should not be that hard to de-brick it.

For years, the only way to 'debrick' a Kindle was over the serial port, so there is a lot of information here.