Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Epub editor for iOS?

Does anyone know if there is there an epub editor available for iOS? Something like Sigil would be ideal. I am reading a series of books that are only available as scanned books. I have them as epubs and have been highlighting the many errors and then correcting them on my Mac later. However, this latest book has so many errors that it would be impossible to do it this way. I know I could just read on my iMac and correct as I go but this would be my least favourite choice. I then wondered if I could read, and correct as I go, on an iPad but have been unable to source a suitable app. Has anyone any suggestions?
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Does anyone know if there is there an epub editor available for iOS? Something like Sigil would be ideal. I am reading a series of books that are only available as scanned books. I have them as epubs and have been highlighting the many errors and then correcting them on my Mac later. However, this latest book has so many errors that it would be impossible to do it this way. I know I could just read on my iMac and correct as I go but this would be my least favourite choice. I then wondered if I could read, and correct as I go, on an iPad but have been unable to source a suitable app. Has anyone any suggestions?
Sigil is available for Mac OS X, but not sure what might be available for iOS. Personally I cannot imagine using my touchscreen iPad to edit ePubs. I suspect it would take me ten times longer than using a computer.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've seen some editors in the app store when searching for decent readers in the past, but have never used any, nor have a clue about whether they are any good. a search on epub will probably bring them up.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Personally I cannot imagine using my touchscreen iPad to edit ePubs. I suspect it would take me ten times longer than using a computer.
Remember hardware keyboards are available for iPads. Even so, I prefer a traditional computer for creating EPUB books. The multi-tasking functionality on iOS is still on a primitive level; there is no easy way to switch between apps using an iPad hardware keyboard (no CMD+TAB or ALT+TAB equivalent there), and iOS still doesn't allow to display more than a single app on an iPad screen.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
FrMartin
FrMartin began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil
new app

There's a new one called Creative Book Builder. It doesn't have any ratings yet, so I don't know how good it is. Search for "edit epub" in our App Store app. For me it was the first thing to show up.

Apple has their own now but it's only good for .ibooks not .epub. It can also export as pdf and html.

I haven't tried either of them, but would be curious to hear from someone who has. It would be handy to do a quick fix on an epub from within the device i'm using to read them.
FrMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
I just tried Creative Book Builder. So close. You can only edit one paragraph at a time. It would be nice to see the whole page and only edit what you need quickly and easily. One paragraph at a time would take forever.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #7
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Remember hardware keyboards are available for iPads. Even so, I prefer a traditional computer for creating EPUB books. The multi-tasking functionality on iOS is still on a primitive level; there is no easy way to switch between apps using an iPad hardware keyboard (no CMD+TAB or ALT+TAB equivalent there), and iOS still doesn't allow to display more than a single app on an iPad screen.
when I first read the post, this caught my eye "there is no easy way to switch between apps using an iPad"

I was going to post *sarcastically* -- four fingers slide from one to another.

Then, I realized, you had written "there is no easy way to switch between apps using an iPad keyboard"

Well, my experience with keyboards is that a combo of keyboard and touch screen gestures works best. So, the 4-finger slide could still be in order--if the iPad is stably mounted.

Shy of that, though, turn on Voice Over (Settings, Accessibiltiy) and the classic commandt-tab, command-shift-tab commands work. Alas, though, it changes the screen tap behavior!

The tab commands shouldn't require special settings.

Do you know of any forward-delete command?

The keyboard I have does 't seem to support it--or, iOS is missing it!

(Of course, Mr. Steve felt we didn't need cursor keys!)

Any update on ePub editing on iOS? I have a couple of ebooks for which I'd like to change the meta data and some mis-scanned words!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote