Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Biggest stores and countries for you?

Hi again guys. It seems like every time I try to get settled down here again I get sucked away on design work. lol. I guess it's because everyone likes my work. ^_^ Anyhow, I digress.

The point of this thread was to see what places you found that your books sold the most, both country and retailer. Here's mine to get things started.

Top 3 retailers: Apple, Sony, BN (biggest sales here!)
Worst Retailer: Amazon. (impossible to work with and almost zero sales despite their size.)

Top 3 countries for sales: Australia, Canada and USA. (Believe it or not, AU is my biggest sales country. 0.0 Yeah, I'm not joking.)

So, what do you guys have as your best stores and countries for sales.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Neil Clarke
Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil Clarke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Top Three Retailers: Amazon (several times more than the others combined), Weightless Books, B&N
Top Three Countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada
Neil Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Amazon, B&N, Apple for top 3 stores, in that order with the lions share being Amazon (like 75% or so)

USA, UK are the only countries I currently sell in (I think, reporting on that is not great), but I do not market to anything other then USA so that is not a surprise.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

B&N, Amazon, and Apple. Amazon used to be much higher but has fallen off about 75% over the last six months or so.

Most of my sales are in the US and Canada. Third place fluctuates between Great Britain, Australia, and Ireland.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Lazybones, I find it interesting your Amazon sales have gone down. Mine never was that great, but dropped off bigtime about a year ago and has never recovered. So I at least know it's not me having issues with them. Then again, I never did well there anyways.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Lazybones, I find it interesting your Amazon sales have gone down. Mine never was that great, but dropped off bigtime about a year ago and has never recovered. So I at least know it's not me having issues with them. Then again, I never did well there anyways.
I think it's because the competition is much greater now than when KDP was just getting started. It's really hard to get attention at Amazon now with the number of self-publishers using their platform. In my genre (fantasy) they've also recently added in the Baen catalog which has a lot of free or low price offerings.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
I think it's because the competition is much greater now than when KDP was just getting started. It's really hard to get attention at Amazon now with the number of self-publishers using their platform. In my genre (fantasy) they've also recently added in the Baen catalog which has a lot of free or low price offerings.
Yeah, my Amazon sales have taken a hit too.. but they still lead the pack in % of sales.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #8
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Surprisingly enough, Sony. I've taken a look at people who downloaded my stuff during last year's summer sale, and Sony was by and large one of my biggest channels.

Now if only some of those people had posted reviews...

Edit: That having been said, I don't have anything on Amazon just yet. So we'll have to see once I start getting into that niche.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
Anna Drake
Zealot
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

B&N, Apple, Sony in that order. US, CAN, GB. I sell on Amazon, but I've never gotten any traction there.
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote