Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
meowchi79
meowchi79 began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd
Best book tracker?

Hello,

This is my first post here and I am sorry if it's in the wrong place. What I am trying to find out is what is the best way to keep track of my entire library. What I mean is I have a LOT of hard copy books and a ton of digital books. What is the best way to track and manage these books? I just got the nook hd and don't know where to start.
Any suggestions would be awesome!
Thanks!
meowchi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
I'd suggest Calibre for the digital books. I've got somewhere around 2K books, and there's no way I could keep track of all of them without it. It lets you edit metadata, convert formats, manage sideloading, track series, track what you have and haven't read, and a million other things I probably haven't even thought about doing with it yet. It's pretty spectacular.

There's a forum for it here on the site that should be able to answer any questions you have about it.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
meowchi79

I will give that a shot! Thank you for the quick reply.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
You're welcome, and good luck.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
In addition, if you are wanting to catalog your hard-copy books, something like Goodreads or Library Thing is good for that (and you can keep track of the digital ones also, but it's not a manager like Calibre is). I also have a free android app on my phone called Book Catalogue which lets me scan barcodes and load them into a database. Goodreads has an app for that also. Sadly, I haven't found anything like this for Nook yet but I've only just begun to use a Nook and plan to quickly switch it to android anyway.

edit - forgot - no cameras on Nooks, so the barcode reader wouldn't be useful anyway.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Calibre will allow you to enter in "empty" entries for your hardcopy books. Just fill in the metadata...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
fsfewrsf
fsfewrsf began at the beginning.

Device: Koobe
Nice discusstion.
fsfewrsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
yoyo09
yoyo09 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
hey, look for a program called tabbles, it has been very useful to organize the collection
yoyo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My suggestion is to use Goodreads to keep track of your books. You can export to a CSV file and load that into a spreadsheet or database program. Goodreads is very good for doing what you want to do. You can even create shelves for the type of books you have be it eBooks, hardcover, paperback, etc.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
meowchi79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My suggestion is to use Goodreads to keep track of your books. You can export to a CSV file and load that into a spreadsheet or database program. Goodreads is very good for doing what you want to do. You can even create shelves for the type of books you have be it eBooks, hardcover, paperback, etc.
I have tried goodreads and wanted to know if there is a way to import my books from another source. Aside for scanning in all my books again if that can't be imported it seems like a good program for what I need. I am also using calibre for my digital books. Thanks again for the suggestions. I have over 1,500 books if you include my digital ones. It's becoming unmanageable,lol!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #11
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I'm not Jon, but if you can get books from the other source in comma-separated CSV that's your best bet. If you have them in a spreadsheet, you should be able to export as CSV.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I'm not Jon, but if you can get books from the other source in comma-separated CSV that's your best bet. If you have them in a spreadsheet, you should be able to export as CSV.
Goodreads does have an import. Just read up on importing before you try it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote