Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sony is using reviews from Goodreads on their eBookstore.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #62
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I've started using goodreads recently, although my book journal has a list of everything numbered each year. Would it be possible to programmatically suck in a feed from goodreads for our books? I'm already triple-posting some reviews.
I was thinking of maybe copy/pasting my posts on goodreads for my reading challenges.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #63
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony is using reviews from Goodreads on their eBookstore.
Really? Do they use all of the reviews?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #64
Care
Aes Sedai

Completely OT, but how in the heck did I get so much karma? I think there is a glitch or something.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Really? Do they use all of the reviews?
I have no idea. I've not checked. But it would be interesting to find out.
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 05:57 AM   #66
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Completely OT, but how in the heck did I get so much karma? I think there is a glitch or something.
Click on User CP.
Under Latest Reputation Received you can find the culprits.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #67
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
192 pp in print. Would it count? It's probably fewer pages in epub.
I'm not going to sweat it. Does it (or the pbook equivalent) have an ISBN? It's a book, period.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #68
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
I have signed up, but I'm sot sure I'll be able to do 144. I will start Jan 1 and put the 144 books on my Nook and read them as I go along. At least I'll always have them with me and I'll have a plan for the year. I'm kind of a disorganized reader, I read what sounds good to me, maybe 4 books at a time. This way I can plan what I read for the whole year. It's one of my goals in 2011 to get my life organized and this will help. I will still probably add one or two books on a whim or if a friend tells me something is too good to miss, but this will be a start.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #69
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
I have signed up, but I'm sot sure I'll be able to do 144. I will start Jan 1 and put the 144 books on my Nook and read them as I go along. At least I'll always have them with me and I'll have a plan for the year. I'm kind of a disorganized reader, I read what sounds good to me, maybe 4 books at a time. This way I can plan what I read for the whole year. It's one of my goals in 2011 to get my life organized and this will help. I will still probably add one or two books on a whim or if a friend tells me something is too good to miss, but this will be a start.
This challenge is 100 books for 2011. The 144 goal was a goodreads group. Sorry if I confused anybody.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #70
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
I'm not going to sweat it. Does it (or the pbook equivalent) have an ISBN? It's a book, period.
Well, yeah, but I'm not going to count picture books I read to my kids...Unless you want to see something like Go Dog Go there 70 times
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #71
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Is there a 2011 goodreads challenge group like that?
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Is there a 2011 goodreads challenge group like that?
100 books in 2011

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/..._books_in_2011
Old 12-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #73
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I signed up, that's only one every three and a half days. The hard part for me is going to be remembering to track the books I've read.

Of course I'm also going to be using my own definitions, too. Like comic books, I won't count a single issue of Batman or the Unwritten or something like that, but I will count my 450+ page Absolute Watchmen single volume collection if I choose to reread that in 2011.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #74
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I'm In, can I start now .... It takes me a while to get into my stride ... Oh well worth a try !

Now which book to start with ?
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #75
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I've joined it will be a big ask though. I've read 47 books this year so far and hope to squeeze in another 3 to make it to 50 by the end of the year. So I'll have to read double what I read this year. However I did only get my first dedicated e-reading device in July and before that point I had only read 8 books so most of my reading was done after getting the reader and in the last 6 months of the year so there is a chance I might come close.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a terminator production