Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #256
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
What printed Book do you want as an ebook?
...all of 'em?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #257
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
A People's Tragedy: Russian Revolution - Professor Orlando Figes. Huge book, even in paperback.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #258
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
...all of 'em?
This!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #259
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
I keep hoping to see Joe Abercrombie's First Law series show up as ebooks. The publisher's website said they were coming out in mid-June, but I'm still waiting
These are available in the UK, but not in the US.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #260
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
...all of 'em?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #261
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Roberto Bolaño's 2666, both in Spanish and in English
The day "2666" becomes available as an ebook is the day I'll take a vacation day from work.

The last time I did this (and I told everyone I worked with that I was going to do this, so prepare for it now or fire me) was when my galley of "IT" by Stephen King arrived at the bookstore, and with my name on the mailing label.

I still have this huge, red galley - and it's still in Mint condition. Now that I'm older and sexier, I may sell it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #262
raphaelnonsenso
Enthusiast
raphaelnonsenso doesn't litterraphaelnonsenso doesn't litter

Device: Sony Touch, K3
The Ascent of Rum Doodle by W.E.Bowman. I never fail to cry with laughter.
raphaelnonsenso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #263
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelnonsenso View Post
The Ascent of Rum Doodle by W.E.Bowman. I never fail to cry with laughter.

Looks interesting.

I'm surprised Amazon.com aren't offering to 'kindlise' it ... ( asking for the owner's permission - though)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #264
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 AM   #265
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
There are several books I'd like to have an ebook version of:

Carpenters: The Untold Story by Ray Coleman
An excellent overview of the life and career of Karen and Richard Carpenter.

Infinite Crisis by Greg Cox
A novelization of the seven-issue comic book miniseries. Unlike most novelizations, this one contains everything that was in the miniseries, and provides more details at many points. Although the story is quite massive, it is written in a way that those not familiar with the comics can follow and enjoy the story.

Cyberbooks by Ben Bova
A very appropriate title since it deals with an inventor who attempts to market an ebook reader (it was released in 1989). A very funny book.

Not This Guy! by Glenda Saunders
An excellent romance novel, and one I've read and enjoyed many times.

The Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Series by Wang Du Lu.
I don't know the name of the actual series, but the entire series consists of five novels and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is the fourth book in the series. I have the graphic novel version of the series, but I'd like to be able to read the text version.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #266
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Everything written by Shirley Jackson, Graham Greene, and Ray Bradbury.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #267
S/V Willow
S/V Willow doesn't litterS/V Willow doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V5 on order!
Well for what its worth (cos I can hear the laughter now) 'Forever Amber' by Kathleen Winsor. I read it as an impressionable teen (soooo long ago) and loved the history of England so much that I still remember bits of history based on that book! I have searched high and low and it just isn't available that I can find. A shame but when someone finally does ebook it I will be one happy sailor. Fiona.
S/V Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:11 AM   #268
MrKrueger
MrKrueger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Definitely need all Bradbury. Although it would be a little weird reading Fahrenheit 451 on an e-book reader as the whole meaning of it is lost a bit in the digital age.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas would be a good one too, although the publisher would have to do a good job of keeping the images properly intact.
MrKrueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:25 AM   #269
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Apart from ALL books in eBook format (I'm sure i get through the list eventually) I really, really want 'House of Spirits' from Isabel Allende. Has to be my all time favourite book and I get sick of having to buy a new hardcopy because I gave mine away - again. I must be keeping her in clothes as I just gave my 20th copy away
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote