Old 08-23-2016, 11:13 PM   #31
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast
oldhasbeen doesn't litteroldhasbeen doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Immortal View Post
yc_richard, Oh, I was wrong and believed that there is sliding up or down to change a page Now I understand why two fingers are required by original KR firmware.
But I want to notice I've never experienced any unwanted page when I use Frontlight adjusting on nickel. That's why I believe it's a good idea to implement the same Frontlight adjusting mechanism like an nickel.

DTAP_ZONE_CYLIGHTSWIPE.w = 0.0625 works better, but sometimes pages are changing anyway... Guess I've a wrong finger! But I'm wondering why in nickel it works perfectly? The same approach I guess.

But there is one more thing. The foot info ("L:") doesn't update after Frontlight adjusting. To see the actual Frontlight level you have to change the page. Could you fix it please? Or does it also require more ground level changes?
I changed in the koreader defaults.lua to DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 1/8, y = 1/4, w = 1/4, h = 3/4} and that makes swiping the front light level without page back turns secure and easy.

No need anymore to get finger surgery done.

The front light control addition is super! Thank you and well done!!!
oldhasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #32
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Opened feature request on GitHub to make light controlling mod native in koreader here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2270
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #33
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Opened feature request on GitHub to make light controlling mod native in koreader here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2270
Great! I use that and find it essential in the dark at night using nightmode.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #34
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Thank you for that. This surely deserves some karma! I did a manual install on my KA1 and it works great.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #35
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for karma.

Also, please help support this request on GitHub, that's main reason I wrote my post here, so you who would like this option in koreader can give your support there.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #36
Alan_S
Evangelist

Modification may soon become part of koreader, hougp wants to include this modification, but it would be best if yc_richard posts it to GitHub, as you can read here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-253123014

I sent him PM, last time he was online here was 27.7.2016. Does anyone maybe know how to contact him to speed things up?
Old 10-13-2016, 05:32 AM   #37
yc_richard
yc_richard doesn't litteryc_richard doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Auro One
Hey guys, I am back with a brand new KA1 to play with.
anyway, I will reply on Github as soon as possible.

Last edited by yc_richard; 10-13-2016 at 07:21 AM.
yc_richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:34 PM   #38
Alan_S
Evangelist

Thank you, soon we will have your modification included within koreader.

And enjoy your brand new KA1.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #39
Alan_S
Evangelist

Just to report here, now, thanks to @yc_richard, his great light controlling mod is integral part of koreader.

You need latest build to have it, but all future versions will have it integrated.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:52 AM   #40
yc_richard
yc_richard doesn't litteryc_richard doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Auro One
Hope you guys enjoy it
yc_richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #41
Yaretzki
Yaretzki doesn't litterYaretzki doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW3
I'm using this great light control mod on my kobo glo HD since it is native in koreader builds.
After last update I found that swiping up change light setting as usual but also I go to next page. When I swipe down, light control works great but at the same time I go to previous page. That never happened before and adjusting light worked perfectly.
After update (last build or the one before last) I found new gestures: up - to go to next page and swipe down - to go to previous page. Mentioned 1 finger swipes work on all screen area and interfere with light adjustment swiping along the left edge.
I'm not sure if up/down single finger swipe gestures were implemented before, I found them when I started to have problem adjusting light.
To clarify, now 1 finger swipes working to change pages are:
- Swipe up or left for next page
- Swipe down or right for previous page
Changing tap zone doesn't solve problem.

Last edited by Yaretzki; 12-15-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Yaretzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #42
Alan_S
Evangelist

Hoqup changed how tap zones work, that I know. Maybe this interferes with this, I mean, this new way. It would be best to report it on github.

I'm still on older build, before new system was implemented, when it all worked just fine.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #43
Yaretzki
Yaretzki doesn't litterYaretzki doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW3
I've just reported it at github as you suggested. Issue #2425.
Yaretzki is offline   Reply With Quote